Maier to start for Stamps in Winnipeg

WINNIPEG — The Calgary Stampeders will turn to Jake Maier at quarterback on Thursday night when they face the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/08/24/maier-to-start-for-stamps-in-winnipeg/

After going 2-3 in their last 5 games panic hits Cowtown, The quarterbacking in the CFL is proving to be the main storyline this year (now that we can put the Marino incident behind us... & it better stay there).

1 Like

This makes things more exciting...... should boost TV ratings

3 Likes

I think Nathan Rourke has reset what is expected from a QB in tbe league

3 Likes

Good move by Dave Dickenson. Darn it all. Jake Maier is the ONLY Calgary QB to give us any trouble since 2019. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

4 Likes

I agree, for selfish reasons was hoping Calgary would start Mitchell as Maier has been a pain every time he's played against the Blue Bombers. On a side note, think its long overdue that Bo has an attitude adjustment (I see him as a very selfish player) or he may find himself out of football quicker than he thinks. Go Blue

2 Likes

Very excited to see Maier start tomorrow, Calgary may make a push for second depending on what O'Connor can do....not to mention how cool is it to have two capital letters and an apostrophe in your last name, luck of the Irish I guess.

W'Egotthecup. Not bad.

If you're lucky enough to be Irish...
You're lucky enough!

1 Like

Absolutely! As a Stamps fan I can concur that Bo is selfish and pouts when he doesn’t get his way. Always blames everyone else except himself (you threw into coverage Bo!). His time is done, glad Dickenson finally figured it out…

1 Like

The guy leads the O to a whopping 2 field goals and people think he’s the next coming of Namath lol this one’s gonna be ugly predicting bombers by 4 or 5 Tds and then the hysteria of a young qb who’s done nothing in this league will be over