Madden 2004 All-Time Tiger-Cat team info

Hi folks,

As some of you are aware, I have developed an all-time Ticat team based on my own preferences for use with Madden 2004, using the Create-A-Player feature and the Player Management editor in the Rosters section of the game.

On the old site, I had uploaded some screenshots of my team in action in Madden 2004 games. They were in a mimi-gallery in the fanzone’s Gallery section. I also included a FAQ on how to create the team (and my rationale for such things as choice of player numbers – e.g. #77 belonging to Hal Patterson, Tony Gabriel, and Grover Covington…who got the number and why the replacement numbers for the others, etc.).

The team is ratings-juiced in a way that would make Jose Canseco proud. In part this was to allow for me to compete with all-time NFL rostered teams in exhibition contests. It also provided a little bit of visual therapy for seeing the real-life team getting smoked week after week… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I would appreciate a heads-up from Adam Provost at ticats.ca regarding the ability to a) post a link to a site where I plan to house a zip file containing the custom art files and roster info and b) a link in this thread to a new blogging site I will launch that will have posted screenshots and articles I will write up regarding the Madden gaming experience.

I use the retro logo and field art stemming from that logo in my Madden franchise, so I would like some clarification that these uses are cool with the team if such material made available for other fans to use in their Madden games.

Oski Wee Wee,

04? that is ancient! lol

I know, but it is the last version that allowed one to make a franchise with a custom team. Madden 05 established that one could only run with an existing NFL team as the basis for a team in franchise mode. Hence the reason I stick with 04.

That being said, I plan to get an X-Box or PS3 for Xmas, so I will get both Madden 07 and NFL Head Coach when that time comes.

I'll keep you posted on the answers I get from Adam and where I will post the zip file.

Oski Wee Wee,

I will get both Madden 07 and NFL Head Coach
Do you really think that the Head Coach game is going to catch on?

You could always do 'coach mode' on Madden, but that was never a feature I ever used. I want to be the players, not the coaches. I don't know if I'd enjoy running through the fine details of coaching in a video game setting. Teaching real youngsters seems like a lot more fun to me. Having said all this, I'm going to try out the coaching game.

On another note, one game I really like is the NCAA football. I bought NCAA 06 last year and was really impressed.

I run Madden 2004 in coach mode. I like to make the personnel choices and playcalls. I let the CPU control the players.

Head Coach apparently has a lot of extras regarding dealing with players and their agents. There seems to be a more involved gameplanning element as well. I wonder if anyone else on the board has it and can fill me in on the game experience with it.

Oski Wee Wee,

I’m still awaiting some feedback from Adam on this. I will keep you posted.

Oski Wee Wee,

I have started a new web blog featuring my all-time Hamilton Tiger-Cat all-star roster. I've posted some screen captures of game action from an earlier incarnation of the team. It is similar to a fan gallery of pics I posted here on ticats.ca in 2004.

I hope you get to enjoy the screen captures and some of my Ticat-related commentary there!

http://rustyslair.blogspot.com/

Oski Wee Wee,

Adam, please drop everything you're working on in the real work world immediately (you know - everything productive that's bringing in revenue for your franchise)and look into not only the copyright details and legalities around this, but also how this guy can post a zip file on the web site for his gaming pals to share.

Madden 2004 guy - please stop this rediculous behaviour immediately.

If I really needed to bother him, I would call him direct :slight_smile: :wink:

And BTW: it's "ridiculous." Good evening.

OSki Wee Wee,

Hi folks,

Adam Provost of the Tiger-Cats has given me a written all-clear to submit my Madden 2004 roster (with retro ticat artwork) for distribution. I have submitted my zip archive to a Madden gaming site and await acceptance of that submission. When the file is up online, I will post a link here so fans of Madden 2004 and other PC versions of the game can access my material.

Oski Wee Wee,

Success!

My all-time Hamilton Tiger-Cats team roster file and artwork is now at pcfootball.net at http://www.pcfootball.net/downloads/Mad ... osters.htm .
The file is called ticats04.zip at is currently listed first on the download list.

All relevant info is included. For any additional help, feel free to e-mail me! Enjoy!

P.S. Please note the roster was made for the PC version of Madden 2004. Your results may vary. :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,