Macbeth 2 turnovers in 1st half vs SSK

why is still an argo ? arbuckle was had for a 4th round draftpick
argos inside 5 yd line and NO POINTS !!!
1 pick by macbeth
1 fumble by macbeth

why is he still an argo ?
playing against a ssk, qb who is starting his 1st game

embarrassing
fir him and let me watch the guy w/ the arm instead

argos braintrust / ownership need to lean that macbeth is lousy

3 turnovers now game thru 3 quarters ...... why is dimwitted still coach and why is macbeth still QB ?

2 Likes

Good question. MBT is a horrible QB. He has almost as many interceptions as TD passes. The Argo offense is actually good except at the QB position. Arbuckle was never given a chance for some reason and they let O'Connor go. O'Connor is a Canadian who might be good given half a chance. If you look at Rourke in BC it seems Canadians can play quarterback.

2 Likes

"He has almost as many interceptions as TD passes." - both are equal now, 5TD, 5 picks

1 Like

On a positive note - MacBeth has an above average arm (somewhat inaccurate on swing passes or 30+ yd bombs) and seems willing to take big hits without getting injured.

After that - its all downhill stuff. Doesn't seem to be a team player, doesn't seem to relate to his current coaching staff and does some really selfish stuff. Kinda like a REVERSE MIKE REILLY.

I do agree with some that he's hampered by a timid & often nutbar head coach & OC. But Dinwiddie isn't the worst head coach I've seen in the CFL. Far from it. He's still young - and stupid. But the will to win is there, no doubt. Just making rookie mistakes, unable to in-game correct.

1 Like

I don't disagree with other forum posters. MacBeth I hear and he seems like a nice guy, but being a nice guy doesn't help win football games. And we need to win badly to really stay relevant.

I think he has a great arm, but do agree with previous post in that he is somewhat inaccurate. I feel like he doesn't trust himself, and that doesn't give me or anyone else faith to trust him to win big games, especially when it matters.

I agree with the others, he throws way way to many Interceptions and that too and/or is killing our chances of winning any games that matters. Most commonly, when he has a good half, then he blows it in the 2nd half. If they are going to continue to play him, I think they should pull him after the first half. With Macbeth in the #1 spot, hate to say it but I don't see the team winning needed games when it counts. We just lost to an 0 and 6 East Conference team, in the last game, and helped them to put a win on the board for them, not taking anything away from them - as they played well. Our team is making critical mistakes, starting first and foremost with the QB. No matter how many passes he makes, he still also throws a ton of interceptions and/or it is just a bad throw.

I would like to see them give a proper chance to Chad Kelly, as they have not really even given him a proper chance, which is a big waste. I think he can be a starter, but they need to give him some time to get his flow going with the receivers. Macbeth has had many years and I don't see him as a good #1 team QB, not one that is going to be consistent enough to lead the team to win those big games. He is inconsistent and so predictable.

I think if it wasn't Harris & Bede we would be losing far more often and by far bigger scores. The receiving core is playing well. I think Gittens Jr has been playing great, Ambles, Daniels and Phillips have been doing well. But I think a few more decent passes to Banks could also make a huge difference. Throw a few more his way.

Argos Coaching Staff, please take Macbeth out and put in Kelly.

1 Like

Let Kelly play. Let's see what he's got

1 Like