Mac knocks out top seed Western!

Great game from Stefan Ptaszek’s boys to best the top Canadian football team in the Yates Cup, 29-15. Just like the Cats, the Defence was the big difference! Vanier Cup now in their sites…

Oops. Prepare for the worst - INCOMING.

btw I say Way to go Mac!

From: http://forums.cfl.ca/hamilton-tiger-cats/5/erik-harris-shows-the-love-for-the-hammer/109134/

Hamilton Forge CPL Champions

Ticats with a tremendous playoff opportunity

and now

McMaster Marauders moving ahead in their playoff run

Hamilton Sports Teams doing exceptionally well! :slight_smile:

Thanks guys for not reporting me! In my view, we’re all in this together. Hamilton folks deserve some good news in sports in 2019!

[tr][td]Team
[/td]
[td]1st
[/td]
[td]2nd
[/td]
[td]3rd
[/td]
[td]4th
[/td]
[td]Total
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]McMaster[/td]
[td]0
[/td]
[td]22
[/td]
[td]0
[/td]
[td]7
[/td]
[td]29
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Western[/td]
[td]10
[/td]
[td]0
[/td]
[td]3
[/td]
[td]2
[/td]
[td]15
[/td]
[/tr]

My post (and the post I quoted) were both joking. Sometimes though there are some people who are easily offended. Myself I am proud of the accomplishments of all Hamilton teams. It is part of what makes us the best city in the country (and that’s no joke).

T’was a truely entertaining game. Congrats Marauders!

(Strange fumble ruling occured 3rd Qtr. Mac QB got hit from behind in the pocket with arm up throwing the ball and the ball flies up 10 ft and travels about 8 yards past the line of scrimmage, towards a receiver and lands onto the ground. Pick up by Western and run a few yards. Possession Western. Strangest fumble ruling ever! I have no film at 11.

@Laughinghard. Saw it and 2 replays. Was a strange play, but the right call was made. Even colour man Ferguson said so. Timing is everything.

And college football is about football, not just offence. Did you also notice the DBs are allowed “hand fighting?. The only DPI call I recall, the DB actually had a grip on the receiver’s sweater.

Real question is any bobbleheads given out at Western today?

Swear to gawd. Guy who coached Western coached Hamilton .

And guess who Mac plays next in the Mitchell Bowl? Hint, they’re from Calgary!

Greg Marshall. Yup

FYI:Greg Marshall also coached the Mac Marauders for 7 seasons (Jesse Lumsden played for him in 3 of those years) before coaching the Tiger-Cats 2004-2006. He’s been coach of the Western Mustangs since 2007.

He was also a member of a local private golf club while he was here, where I worked.
Many great Ticat conversations during those seasons.

If there was I’m sure they handled it better than the Cats did!?

As a Mac alum (although they did not have a good football team back in the dark ages when I was there) it was great to see them triumph over Western who have been so dominant for a while. I’m not sure that Merchant not being able to play made that much of a difference but the score might have been closer had he been running the Mustang offense. Tough for him to have to leave the game. Here’s to another win against the Dinos in the Mitchell Bowl. I’m not sure that.

Surprised that Laval also got knocked out by the Carrabins although Montreal has usually had a strong team - just not strong enough to get past Laval. It will be a totally different match up in the Vanier this year - that’s a good thing IMO! Hoping that Mac is one of the teams on the field on the 23rd.

Mac is playing strong against the Dinos.

Down by 7 mid way through the 2nd quarter.

Great Saturday afternoon football!

some very bad penalties against the Dino’s allow Mac to extend a drive and tie the game up!

Unfortunately that was the last that they were tied. Seemed to be a lot of penalties called on Mac in the second half. Frustration on their part? too aggressive trying to close the gap? biased officiating? (Heard a comment or two on calls against Mac or non-calls against Calgary). Seemed that Dino defenders were often draped over Mac receivers but maybe that’s just how they chose to call the game. Not sure but Mac unfortunately went down to defeat at the hands of the Dinos - like every other eastern team in recent years who have had to travel to the West to compete for a chance to go to the Vanier.