Maas To Montreal?(merged)

AC is hurt and out indefinitely

CJAD has announced that MTL had traded a Canadian Player to Ham for Maas.

Popp is to be on air in the next little while to give more details.

Jeff Percy for Jason Mass!

Calvillo out for a minimum of 4 weeks with a sepa
rated shoulder...

What luck for Maas going from the bottom of the league to being on a potential contender.

He might not report to Montreal. I wouldn’t want a guy who has such a bad attitude on my team anyways. I’ve never seen someone pout so much on national TV.

[url=http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=19504]http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.p ... &nid=19504[/url]
Official release, Montreal - Montreal Alouettes’ Vice-President, General Manager and Head Coach Jim Popp announced today the acquisition of veteran quarterback Jason Maas in return for fullback Jeff Piercy.

Maas (6’2’’, 210 lbs.) is an eight-year CFL veteran. He began his career with the Edmonton Eskimos in 2000 and had the best season of his career in 2004. In 18 starts that year, he completed 361 of 549 passes for 5,270 yards and 31 touchdown passes. In December 2005, he was traded to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats for Danny McManus, Tim Bakker and Hamilton’s first-round draft pick in 2006.

Over his career, he has completed 1,181 of 1,926 passes for 16,203 passing yards and 80 touchdowns against 58 interceptions.

Maas is expected in Montreal today.

But will Maas play at all? Just like Printers, he'll have to learn the play book real quick. Oh wait, it's Marcel's playbook we're talking about.

3 yard pass
4 yard pass
punt. :wink: :wink: :wink:

You have high hopes, a 4 yard pass!
Its more like 2 and 3 yard passes

...pretty confident there ro....this is Maas we're talking about....it's 2 and 3 yard pass ATTEMPTS...

Hamilton picked up a good player in Piercy. I might be a bit biased as he is a friend of mine. But he is a stud on the football field. It's not suprising to me that he hasn't done much this year what with Marcel never been one to use the fullback. He is a great blocker, and coming out of the back field has great hands and good speed. Hopefully Hamilton uses him a bit better as I think he could be a great player in this league.

I wonder why Maas balked at the trade to Montreal? Going from a team that will probably miss the playoffs, to a team that could be in the Grey Cup? One has to wonder.

Don't forget:

hitch pass that goes nowhere
running play up the gut that goes nowhere

,,,he probably wanted to be dealt to the esks.....where he can really feel the 'love'....specially from Danny :lol:

That made my laugh... Thank God I'm not the only one with a crappy offensive coordinator... :lol:

Maas is accurate just no strength. He'll fit in that offensive system just fine. Be kinda funny if he won against BC Sunday.