Maas STILL the man to start?!?!?!?!

If lancaster knows he is injured then why the heck does he continue to play him? this is just absolutely rediculous, if a guy is hurt…you don’t play him…simple as that!

Playing a road game on Saturday might help boost the confidence of Jason Maas a bit. Here are his somewhat startling home and away passing stats in 2006:

Home- 5 games, 1 passing TD, 9 interceptions
Away- 6 games, 5 passing TDs, 5 interceptions

The rejuvenated Ticat rushing game should also help Maas provided that Corey Holmes stays healthy.

However, if the Ticats are down by a large margin by half-time on Saturday, the team also needs to see what Kevin Eakin and Richie Williams can do. In that case, maybe they should each be given one quarter of action in the second half.

I agree with you. Tho only reason I can come up with for the Cats playing Maas loss after loss is that the backups are completely hopeless.

An Argo fan

Sounds like Maas needs a session with Doctor Phil!Why don't we send him tobe a guest on his show and in the meanwhile we can give a decent chance to Rithie Williams and see what he can do!Oh yeah maas gives us a better chance of winning
just look at our incredible record 2 and 10 ?

So they say Maas is the man.
well what if the man ain't moving the ball well by the end of first half?
do we still use him at the start of the 3rd?

I say put Williams in

Bottom line is the new GM wants to evaluate him. All the previous excuses (the O line, the former OC, the receivers, his possible injury,... etc...etc) should be behind him now. It's time to produce.
He's got to come out with confidence and lead this offence. If he produces, the whole team plays that much better....the whole city will support him.
He was brought in to be the leader of offence and nows the time to show it.

The chance of us getting "a few TDs", I think, is quite slim. If we can manage one, I know it'll be a party at my house. As for playing Maas (or Eakin), god, I wish they'd just play Williams too. We honestly have nothing to lose. Especially if Maas really is injured. It's true that we have to see what he's got- but at this stage I don't think it's much.

I hope to be pleasantly suprised.

"I think the biggest thing is from day one was his degree of being comfortable with what was going on offensively," Desjardins said.

“I don’t think it was geared to what he does well. Things just snowballed and got worse and worse. The bottom line is he has to play better and he knows it. His frame of mind is still good, he knows he can do it and we’re going to give him the chance to do that.”

[/i]

Captain KIrk:

Thanks for the quote. Marcel Desjardins knows more about football than I’ll ever know so I’ll defer to his judgement.
But I still can’t help thinking that any QB with potential would have made more of the opportunities Maas has had this season…despite a bad O line. I think the reason his receivers seem so lacklustre is because they have given up and have no confidence in him.
Can anyone point out an area (other that interceptions) where Maas is any more than barely adequate?

Bingo!

Thanks for providing a voice of reason on here, buckwheat.

Last year we heard, over and over, that the reason Danny McManus started every game was that he "gives us our best chance of winning".

This year we keep hearing, over and over, that the reason Jason Maas is starting every game is that he "gives us our best chance of winning".

Anyone else see a pattern here?

IMO, that phrase has dropped off almost completely among the fans, BigJim.

The only people who say that phrase now get paid to say it.