Maas.....much improved....

Well said,mr62 cats! Maas has to do alot better. He’s just not a very good entertainer. He is who he is. He’s a natural born back up. He’s the sqauare peg the Tiger Cats are trying to shove in the proverbial round hole. The reason he’s still here imo is only because of politics. If there were no money involved, the decision on who’s the better quarterback would be laughably easy. Chang = drive,excitement. Maass = boredom, frustration

You don’t take what a coach says to the media about a player as gospel. He was just paying lip service to Maas. They don’t criticise players in the media. Reminds me of that John Lennon tune that goes, everybody’s talking, but no one says a word.

Experience shmeerience! The guy holds the alltime NCAA passing record, what experience has he come up short on? When you hold passing records like Chang, he should get the benefit of the doubt. The man is the future. Maas is a liability, plain and simple.

Why not bring Maas in for a quarter or so during regular season games and let Chang, Butler and Williams go the rest of the way.
It seems to work in preseasom...:slight_smile:

LMAO at this "entertainer" idea.

"Mike Kerrigan! Show more leg!"

"Timm Rosenbach! Throw to the team in black tonight! Dance!"

"Danny Mac! Ummmm..never mind!"

Winning IS entertaining. If Maas can play like he did on Friday night, we'll do fine as the offense gets up to speed.

Chang will get his opportunities. Just not on a timetable anyone on ticats.ca can fix. :smiley:

Oski Wee Wee,

Chang does not read defences very well,
even his head coach admitted that. Chang
will have his chance in time. You go with
your most experience QB if you want to win.

anyone who thinks otherwise does not know
much about football period!!!!!!!

Rubbish! :stuck_out_tongue: In this case that would be selling your future short. Look, Maas is decent, I’ll give him that. But he doesn’t fit in Hamilton as good as Chang at this time. I’m sure he’d do very well somewhere’s else. We need to decide what’s it gonna be. The future or the past.

A female friend of mine lives out in Calagary and all i’m asking Maas to do is to pleeeeeeeease not embarrass me.

IMO Chang and Maas were the only 2 QBs that managed to get all the way to unacceptable. Butler should be cut and Williams should as well but we don't have any other #3s. :roll:

IMO we should start Maas but alternate series between Maas and Chang until someone manages to show something. There will be no pressure to make a big play because they would both know that they are going back in. Face it, we aren't going to win a lot of games this season anyways so lets make the most of it and develop a QB. Maas will not be here when the team is ready to win so only use him to take the pressure off someone who might. Its really too bad that Maas should retire because of injury but lets not sugarcoat it and throw away another season

maas is your starter but it's nice to know that since todd dillon we finally have a backup that can come in with some spark in chang.

Well if he’s starting, he’s got politics to thank for that, because people I am telling you there is simply NO WAY he’s better than Chang.

RUBBISH, RUBBISH, RUBBISH, When Chang wins
a GREY CUP then and only then can you debate
who is better MAAS or CHANG.

MAAS IS OUR MAN...PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

What crap will you say when MAAS wins
against Calgary next week???

What crap will you say when Maas plays just well enough to lose in Calgary? And the book is still out on if Maas can win a Grey Cup as a starter and not coming off the bench and feeding on the scraps.

If this team was run by “politics” as you put it then Morreale and Hitchcock would likely still be on the team.

Everybody, and I mean everybody who made the Cats roster this year deserves it.

Does Charlie really seem like a guy that would be swayed by politics, if they even exist in Ti-Cat land?

Do you think Marcel said “Hey Charlie, go with Maas as your starter because we traded for him” Do you really believe that would happen?

At both of their stages of development and expeirence, Maas is the one who deserves to start. Chang has skills and he also has some learning to do. He will get his shot. Why can’t people understand that this team is run by professionals and not politcally correct puppets.

Give your starters some respect and support, they are trying to win for you.

Yes. I’m not saying that they don’t prioritise winning. Just feel that they’re alittle bit hamstrung with contractual obligations to Maas. The $ numbers mean that he has to start.

Don't bother arguing with "ticatsgrr8" He has tunnel vision and doesn't understand that Chang still needs to develop in the CFL before he can start.

LoL… :roll:

Yes. I'm not saying that they don't prioritise winning. Just feel that they're alittle bit hamstrung with contractual obligations to Maas. The $ numbers mean that he has to start.
So you think Maas is starting ONLY because he makes $300k per year.

Shame. Shame indeed.

You don’t know the integrity of our GM and coach very well. It’s OK, you will get a glimpse of how good our management and coach are if you watch carefully.

I second and third that comment! :cowboy: