Maas has been traded

Just posted 9 minutes ago on thespec.com

Maas is gone to Montreal for Canadian fullback Jeff Piercy

http://thespec.com/News/article/244935

PS according to another article on thespec.com, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto had also expressed interest in Maas

http://thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/244618

WOW.. the ink isn't even dry on Printers' contract yet...lol

Why a FB tho.. we need more help in other areas imo

Hopefully this is to railroad any future succeess the Als might be looking for

I feel bad for Maas.,

Does this mean Radlein is next to be traded? what's the need for 3 FB?

A fullback???? Thats the best they could do for Maas? WOW

Why not one of their DB or DT???

This is the guy who I feel most sorry for. He comes to Hamilton and gets thrown to the wolves. He is given rookie receivers to work with and a weak O-line and is expected to "save the team." When this does not happen, the fans turn on him like Quasimoto. Now enter Mr. Printers. At a hefty price tag, is this guy really going to help the Cats? He may have a better arm and be more mobile, but he is playing with the same O-line and the same receivers. As well, he cannot help the D, who lack any rush and have a poor secondary. Another guy who will be left out with the addition of Mr. Printers is Chang. How will the Chang gang react to this? If Chang thought he got little playing time with Maas, he will get even less with Printers in the mix. So, in the end, are the Cats really better off with Printers?

This is the guy who I feel most sorry for. He comes to Hamilton and gets thrown to the wolves. He is given rookie receivers to work with and a weak O-line and is expected to "save the team." When this does not happen, the fans turn on him like Quasimoto. Now enter Mr. Printers. At a hefty price tag, is this guy really going to help the Cats? He may have a better arm and be more mobile, but he is playing with the same O-line and the same receivers. As well, he cannot help the D, who lack any rush and have a poor secondary. Another guy who will be left out with the addition of Mr. Printers is Chang. How will the Chang gang react to this? If Chang thought he got little playing time with Maas, he will get even less with Printers in the mix. So, in the end, are the Cats really better off with Printers?

why trade for a Full Back ..
We need Offence Tackles a DE and CB.
What a Waist

Ya and my next question would be who is this Jeff Piercy and is he any good. I`m betting that Marcel had to take a bit of a discount on Maas because for 1) our situation with 2 starting QBs and 2) cuz we killed any deal Printers may have tentatively made with Montreal and Bob wants 2 keep his connections.

Can anyone answer that question about this Jeff Piercy tho...maybe OnKnight or Oski-oui-oui who seem to be quite informed on this kind of stuff

Typical Cat management. Why trade for what you need. Let's just go out and grab whomever, and then give him right back.

I’ll give you these comments for THIS year… wtf is his excuse for LAST YEAR!!.. 5-19 in 2 years… the writing was on the wall…

I don't feel sorry for Maas. He did'nt produce. Nothing wrong with playing hurt for a game or two but to play a whole season like last year is SELFISH.
When he was supposed to be healthy this year he didn't produce. He only couphed up the ball any chance he got.
Yes I defended him over the last while becuase I thought maybe he would turn it around but after being at Mondays game with his bone head play pretending he was going to throw the ball when he was way past the line of scrimmage I was done with him. He should have learned by now to tuck it in after losing the ball how many time in the last few games.

And unless the management does something with the O, Printers will fair no better. Monday, Chang was the answer. Today, Printers in the answer. Next year, all being equal, who will the Cats turn to?

horrible horrible trade!

we already have 2 great fullbacks!

why couldnt we trade him for a position we need help in

Jeff Peircy's Bio:

[url=http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.php?module=roster&func=display&ros_id=437]http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.p ... ros_id=437[/url]

48 yards rushing, 59 yards receiving and 1 TD in 2.5 seasons. Not very impressive.

He was a 2nd round pick though.. who knows if he can contribute.

I'm sure that he is used as a blocking back.

He's 6'1" 229lbs so that is probably his main strength.

Well lets think about this for a second

Toronto would have given us crap and especially with that dirty move they wanted 2 pull…i would think twice about even sending a Christmas Card led alone a former Starting QB (regardless of his caliber)

Peg probably had a bit of a black shadow from all the bashing and running-up of scores.

Edmonton probably offered AJ Gass and Jason Goss =P

To bad we couldnt get Cox from montreal…lol

this is bs ! ken peter hasa no clue

Maybe Rambo used his Super Computer…lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry but I don’t get the joke :expressionless:

guys this was just a salary dump and the cats way of saying thanks to the als for not offering more to get printers...I thought we might be able to get at least a backup o-lineman or a DB but maybe there just weren't any other offers...piercy could play good on special teams or maybe one of our FBs become trade bait? heck who knows maybe The Als also offered to pay most if not all of Maas' salary so we wouldnt have to...we got rid of a guy who clearly wouldn't have his mind on this team after what happened to him so the best thing to do is trade him and get anything u can get...he is no all-star right now so we weren't going to get a star in return...I feel bad that it happened to him but its a business and it has to be done