Maas emotional in being named Als' HC

MONTREAL — When Jason Maas learned he’d be the next head coach of the Montreal Alouettes, he got emotional.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/12/21/maas-emotional-in-being-named-als-hc/

I wish him all the best.
I hope he has the most detrimental part of his emotions under control now.
You are a better coach when you do not act like a banshee while trying to make your point.... Something not lost on the great ones of any sport

2 Likes

Funny thing, I've herd the term "banshee" used hundreds of times, never really knowing what it meant. So I looked it up.

What is a banshee screaming?

A Banshee is said to be a fairy in Irish legend and her scream is believed to be an omen of death. The scream is also called 'caoine' which means 'keening' and is a warning that there will be an imminent death in the family and as the Irish families blended over time, it is said that each family has its own Banshee!

1 Like

Not surprised the rest of the coaching staff is sticking around. This was a dubious pick to say the least. They might get another crack at the big boss job before the season ends.

Don't stand downwind of Macioca, The BS is just too darn nauseating. The other coaches interviewed never stood a chance with Maas being available for hire. A 39-33 record is not really all that impressive as Macioca would have you believe. It will be interesting to see who (FA) on the offence stays in town. Harris maybe. Geno I could see going to Ottawa, if Masoli returns or even BC, if Rourke is the QB. Julien-Grant and Mayala may also test the waters.

Yea I guess Maas should be emotional for being named HC of the Alouettes. He is starting to run out of teams to work for. But is the Montreal Squad the team to lead? What with Macioca breathing down your neck with possibility that if Maas is not successful he will be let go. Look how Macioca treated Khari Jones

1 Like

I’m skeptical, but who knows? It’s good that he’s pumped for the opportunity.
Wait and see.

I think Jason is going to benefit working with A.C. , he has a different demeanor, kind of a steadying influence.

Leopards do not change their spots

In this case I see the spots as his passion. I don't think one would want to change that. I think having now had a few more years under his belt, he'll be better able to control that passion and avoid the emotional outbursts. Regardless of how things turned out in Riderville (not all within his control), he has a good mind for this game.

1 Like

Agreed... I hope he has success, the CFL needs it to happen