Maas CFL Player of the week

Congrats Jason we knew u had it in u!!! keep it up!!! :thup:

Maas has had way more than 6 bad games and he has shown nothing to raise hope until this past week. The comparison is silly IMO.

jason was not hurt at the beginning of the season, just in a system not suited for him or his receivers, no one liked what was going on, jason did get hurt in the Montreal game, he threw for 378 yds. but that hip pointer put alot of strain on his stomach muscles, which made him not have any zip on the ball, not to mention when you have a stomach strain alot more than your stomach is affected trying to compensate. From what I've heard Jason is feeling really good right now and he is having alot of imput in the offence, I know he and the receivers are really buying in to what their doing and they are having alot of fun. I know people have been concerned about Jason's family not being here
but his wife does visit as often as possible to make things easier on Jason, but Jason is very commited to playing football in Hamilton
for as long as the Ti-cats want him, beleive me noone wants to succeed here more than Jason, he really loves playing football here.
So turbo get off his case, yes things didn't start out like people hoped for, but beleive me Jason is one of the hardest working QBs you will ever find, if you don't beleive me ask his fellow players.

He`s negative like i said and cant seem to deal with Jasons success ....

Actually its not Maas that I'm so negative on, its the people here that refuse to accept that he has been pathetic all season and that its only one good game. Today is hardly the time to suugest that he's a future MVP allstar or an average player. Its far more likely based on what I've seen that he'll be average if he is indeed free of all the excuses for poor play trotted out by the blind faithful on theis forum. This has been a disaster of a trade thus far and to break even Maas will have to give us at least 3 good seasons. You may be proven correct in the long haul but today there is no reason for the unbridled enthusiasm I witness here.

Well I guess when you lose 3 games to last second field goals against teams that ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS maybe you look back and say " HEY , MAYBE THIS TEAM ISNT HAVING AS BAD A SEASON AS IT LOOKS "

Apparently you think that wins and losses come down to 1 player and 1 player only , that being the QB . You know, there are alot of other players on the team contribute win or lose . Some people are shortsighted in this regard.

According to your first paragraph you are setting out to PROVE that Maas was the entire problem. Even below average quarterbacking would have made a positive difference in those games. For much of the season Maas has been THE problem. The rest of the team was actually playing decently but the offence stunk because Maas couldn't throw any better than a pre-teen which allowed the defense to crowd the line and negate any other options but the long ball which he couldn't throw.

Well turbo like i said Turbo i`m betting you want us to lose bad on Saturday so you can do your,see, i told you so routine .

I can hardly wait to see what you will type when Maas has another good game !!!

I hope we win, I just don't see it happening. As for Maas, I want him to play well and winning against BC isn't necessary to have me say that he did. In fact I'd rather lose and have the team ESPECIALLY Maas play well than to win while playing poorly at this stage. The entire key to what I want is to see more than just a glimpse of hope but rather some sustained good play ESPECIALLY by Maas to indicate that there is actually hope that he can lead the team to a winning season next year. If Maas fails we don't seem to have any viable options because of his salary and all is lost until we can get out from under it. Having Maas succeed is a much better option. As for whayt I'll write if he has another good game. Here's a preview: Its only 2 games out of 16. I need to see him play well the rest of the way and then start off well for the first 4 or 5 games next year before I'm anywhere near ready to say I have any confidence in him. Consistancy over a long period of time is the only thing that will win me over.