Maas' Arm

Who on the football side was "blatantly stubborn" who refused to acknowledge the truth? Whos fault was it for many many years?

You said it, Clarify it!

guys....maas, has never in his career been a great long ball thrower, his specialty is short to intermediate, dont you remember when he and Ray were fighting for the number 1 job in Edmonton way back when, maas was the control guy and Ray the deep threat, nothing has changed about him, he is what he is.

As i remember, he did quite well on the long ball 2 years ago when he threw for 5,000+ yards.

Don’t forget that the complete lack of a running game really frees up their safety to roam free in deep coverage. A second longer and the safety is there in double coverage.

Are you sure he didn’t do that by efficiently completing plenty of short and intermediate passes?

It just struck me!..

If Eakin was on his way in, I assume Coach Lancaster signalled him to go in!..

Who is Maas to send Eakin back?..if Maas is ordered out, he comes out…end of story!..just like every other member of the Ticats…

You live and die with your quaterback end of story, to yank him out then would have bin a insult! :slight_smile:

They would have been penalized for illegal substitution...

Yes, I remember watching the games. They aired it out all the time.

There were a lot of short and intermediate passes as well.

If you are still hung up on this "Maas can't do it" thing, then you are out to lunch!

There is more to being a QB then just "throwing" the ball.

There is making the call, making sure your team is lined up correctly, reading the defence, make any of changes if needed....then actually starting the play. All in under 20 secs.

Then executing the play on reading the action while on the run and completing the pass and hoping to god that the receiver has run the route correctly.

.....blatant stubbornness (football side) to acknowledge the truth has been the downfall of this team for many, many years......other teams correct the obvious and move on!
Im still waiting Mikey, Who's blatant stubbornness from the football side has caused the downfall for many, many years??

So it isnt Lancaster? It cant be Marshall? Im curious? Who are you afraid to call out?

If you have the guys to type it, you should be able to explain it… help us continue the discussion…

you’ll be waiting along time.hee’ll never say anything bad about any of them. he only looks for reaction and lets everyone else take it for personal attacks. most loved athlete in hamilton:the backup QB!!

ZING!!!

:cowboy:
If you are still hung up on this "Maas can't do it" thing, then you are out to lunch!

There is more to being a QB then just “throwing” the ball.

Great Point Fletch.

“theres more to being a qb than just throwing the ball”

Yea theres more to baseball than just hitting the ball,… but you have to be able to do it all to win consitantly

Unbelievable how many fans get on the starting QB's case. How many more QB's need to be run out of town before people realize that the crux of the problem has not been the starting QB for a long time? Yeah Calvillo was a horrible QB too...oh wait he is only a star for Montreal now but he he was not good enough for many in Hamilton. Now people are still on Maas's case. Geesh...

I now believe that we could have God as our QB with him setting every single possible CFL record and many people would still call for the backup QB to be put in.

This love affair of the backup /hatred of whoever is the starting QB has gotten very tiresome.

Can you spell M I K E Y

Sure you can!

Jason likes to run the ball himself alot and has taken a few needless shots, one of those shots is going to put him out and Eakin will take us to the playoffs.

Can only say that you can't change your QB only for the sake of change. Maas is the "guy" until he proves otherwise. I would like to see him look off his intended receivers and to quit being so predictable as far as continually going to the wide side of his formation. If the line can't hold their blocks then more roll out type passes should be incorporated in the offense.

Good points 268 and all this will come with playing time and experience with his new team mates and coaches.

It all takes time, so long as we are seeing progress I see no reaon to change.

So far I am seeing progress and improvement.