Maas apologizes to fans.......I say no need to.

Yeh I know where Box J is,that is where I sit,I said the other end of Box J where onknight sits.

Actually we have complained to staff about people doing exactly the same thing(abusing players) while sitting in seats that didn’t belong to them.
They did nothing.
Last game there were fans in the front row cheering on the players trying to get them pumped up for the second half. They were told by staff to cool it.
Figure this out.

Well, if you complained and these people were really obnoxious even after staff told them to pipe down, that is wrong and I would take it further as a complaint to the Ticat management.

No the point is staff didn’t do anything to the obnoxious people yelling at the players,calling them names while sitting in seats that didn’t belong to them. A staff member did say something to two fans that were routing on the team,not being obnoxious.

We can’t all be as calm and level headed as you.

You miss Danny so much go move to Calgary.

You know if we were winning I wouldnt care if he ripped the head off a gross fan and craped down his neck.

The point is, I wonder if any "fan' that crosses the line has ever apologized.
I actually apologized to Elfred Payton during his last season. I rode that man hard every chance I got in Ivor Wynne and other stadiums. One year he was even screaming at security to have me removed.

Most of what I yelled over the years he deserved. But, near the end of his career he showed some class after a playoff game against the Cats. I ran into him at Grey Cup that year and apologized for calling him a classless individual.

For me this is a non issue?

Should he apologise? yes.

It's easy for me to fogive him, because I understand football is an intense, emotional sport, and Maas plays it that way.

No big deal.

I don't want a QB minding his P's and Q's during a geam. I want intensity and emtoion.

Flipping a bird here and there is nothing when you're in the heat of battle.

During non-game situations is another matter, and I'm guessing he's smart enough.

Flipping a bird, dose that mean "the finger", or was he exposing himselfe.

well if he exposed himself he would have been arrested.

Agreed I am not a Box J Boy…
I just Sit in Box J
they Sit Up about 5 Rows Up from me

Maas thing is a non issue.
The imbeciles in and around box-j is another matter. How much longer is the organization going to put up with these great "ambassadors" and their taunting of players?

Don’t make me laughharder. Not one Tiger Cats has been arrested yet this season and yet we all have witnessed indecent exposure over and over.

After Reading the Peace in the paper.

I will be The 1st To Say
I'm Sorry to Jason Maas
Am I Asking that He Get Better at Public Relations with Fans.
Be Polite and Friendly.

I thought he was going to take over Touch downs for kids after Danny left..

As for his Early Behavior

I am shure Part of The Reasons where:
Losing
Missing his Family..
having Injuries Most of Season.
No Matter How your day is bad or good.
He has Grow a Thicker Skin..
To be a QB in This Town..

So Mr Maas I am Sorry ..

taunting of players is not my Style…
I come Here Blow off Steam…
I go to the Field for Practices
I am Very Polite to Players Coaches everyone.

During Games I may Boo for a Bad Effort…
I come here to Fourms to Blow off steam…
Then Go back to Cheering for them at Practices & Games.

This is my Release Valve…

What a load that is, dood you’re the one that was pointed out as the man that drove Maas to the point of flipping the bird.

I’ve sat in Box J or the immediate area for a little over ten years now and some of the BS being yelled at players goes way beyond what any fan during any kind of season should yell.
Obviously you’re going to ask how I know it was you right?
You became quite the topic of conversation after that infamous moment and fans that sit within feet of you moved to other seats and were sure to point you out to any and all that walked by, including security.

As far as Mass actually giving a fan the finger?
With some of the crap that’s been hurled his way some fans are lucky the players don’t climb the rail and come straight for them.
As far as I’m concerned Jason just joined the ranks of a lot of other coaches and players that have been in altercations with fans and no ones suggesting they apologise or aren’t profesionals.

Sudsy, Anthony Calvillio, Oz, Ron Lancaster, Greg Marshall, (extreme freakout), Carl Coulter…probably plenty more if I were to think about a while.
These guys aren’t pros?

Onknight, it’s just wierd that you’d mention Jason’s family when one of the crappiest things I’ve ever heard yelled at a player was about his family not moving here because they don’t want to be seen with him.
I’m not suggesting it was you but it sure came from that end of the bench and their seems to be a group or area between J/I that finds that kind of stuff funny.

Security does nothing about it and I don’t know that they have a real right to but it wouldn’t bother me at all if some of the more offensive fans ended up with a tazer burn on their a$$.

Sir You don’t know me Personaly…
do you ?..
I agree that some fans Are Rude to our players.
When they sit beind Bench in Box J…

But not all of Us are like that…
I know what was Said to jason Cause the Person Sits Directly Behind me 4 or 5 Rows Up…

it was uncalled for …That I Agree with…

Are There bad Fans in Box J
Yes
are there bad Fans box I & A ect ect
Yes.

This isnt about simple booing, Onknight. Its the verbal abuse, the mocking the finger pointing the cupping the hand to ear stuff by people who feel the need to put on a show because they're somehow convinced they're part of the show.
Pity.

Agreed it is Rude…
but your going to get a Bad Apple in Every Bunch…

I do Feel bad for Jason
Cause what was Said was Really uncalled for.

I agree with those that say there is NO excuse for any player flipping the bird at fans. This seems to happen alot in Hamilton and not as much elsewhere that I hear about.
I think Bob needs to step in and ensure these players are disciplined for this if the coaches won't. Bob is trying to promote families to attend and I wouldn't want my child to see a player flipping the bird.
Very unprofessional, shame on you Jason Maas and the others who have done this!