Maas and Chang.....what was Marcel thinking?

How could we have left ourselves so vulnerable at QB during the off season?
We have ended up with a lame-duck vet and a raw rookie...and no starting QB.
I saw more promise from Williams during the short time he was in.
I sure hope the Casey Printers rumours are true.

As I stated in a previous post, fans who solely blame the QB are not seeing the big picture. When an offensive play fails, there are a number of things: 1. Wrong play selection, 2. Receivers did not run their routes properly, 3. QB did not read the play properly, 4. O line did not give the QB enough time, 5. D made a good counter. How can you place all of the blame on the QB when a team loses. Sure he handles the ball on O but there are a ton of factors. And if you can sit at home in your QB chair and tell me it is all the QB's fault, I want the same TV that you are watching the game from because I cannot tell why a play failed each and every time. The problem with the Cat is not one issue, there are many, which have been stated over and over on these forums. Do people honestly think that Chang is the answer? Even if you play him the rest of the season, the kid is 22. You will kill his confidence, like we saw today. I felt sorry for the kid, he looked lost. And if you think we can bring in Printers and he will solve the problem, you are wrong again. There are problem 3-4 issues on offense and D that need to be addressed. If this is a "building year", why aren't we building? I don't see that the Cats are any better after 9 games than they were after 1. Time to look at the coaching staff.

We need experienced people to come in and coach the coaches and teach the players how to play with heart and talent.

Has Danny Mac been offered a position as QB coach and assistant offenceive coordinator? How about John Salavantas for the O Line? Mosca for the D line? Hitch for the D backs and asssistant D coordinator?

The players don't know what they are doing on the field because the coaches and spotters don't know what they are doing.

Taffe was wrong to fire Hitch and Morreale. Its time he ate some crow and asks for help. He wasn't that good in Montreal, he was handed a winning team. So really he is a rookie coach in the CFL

Forget Hitch coaching, we need Hitch back in the safety position. Nobody has been able to fill it thus far. When they move Cody to safety, you don't even notice him out there.

IMHO, Cody has been OK at Safety. It will take a bit of time for him to get comfortable back there, but he sure is a physical presence...

absolutely sig, he laid the lumber a couple times tonight... one hit was a HUGE one....lol

I agree with Cunny.

Cunny:

You can spread the blame wherever you want. The fact remains we have the worst QB's in the CFL. Until that problem is solved, improvements in other areas won't help things much.
From my armchair I saw Maas fumble on his own without being touched. Bad passes. One great one though. Overall though the same old underachieving Maas. Chang is simply not ready and won't be by next season. Williams looks like a better prospect right now. As for the receivers.....a pretty bad performance all round but Armstead looks like a real fighter when he gets the ball so thats one good thing.
I'll wait until the regular season ends before passing judgement on the coaching staff..but I am becoming more concerned about it. Even though the season is over now for us, what happens in the remaining games will give us a better idea of how capable this coaching staff is. If things still don't improve then next year could be yet another disaster.

Cody is fine at safety and he knows how to lay the lumber. Hitch wasn't even a safety in his last two years. Besides as many bigs hits and Ints he got he missed that many tackles and allowed TD's!

the qb's maim function is to throw the football,
but he needs somewhere and time to throw it.
typical hamilton mentality to blame only the qb, i've seen this so many times, and it's comical.

emms1 wrote:" but he needs somewhere and time to throw it. "

You need to add one more thing...."and hit the receiver".

For the record...

WE also traded for an experienced CFL QB
as fall back if Jason didn't pan out, mr62cats.

How was anybody to know that rating him
4th best QB coming out of Training Camp

would hurt his feelings so much that
and he would ask for his release?

Ron wrote:"For the record...

WE also traded for an experienced CFL QB
as fall back if Jason didn't pan out, mr62cats.

How was anybody to know that rating him
4th best QB coming out of Training Camp

would hurt his feelings so much that
and he would ask for his release?"

Ron: To answer your own question in your signature...yes you are "wasting my time". I have made the same point about Butler many times in previous posts.