Lunmsden Released

According to the Washington Post,Jesse Lumsden was released today by the Washington Redskins.

Ah to bad for Jesse I never got a chance in the NFL Lumsden! You have to give him credit for trying but the football gods are saying Jesse got to the cFL and be a Star! Then he wakes up!

So, is he coming back? and who owns his rights, or is he a free agent?

He is under contract with Hamilton until Feb. 17th, 2007.

What is this kid thinking???

He's basically wasted two yrs now.

Where would this kid fit in this league??? I
wouldnt even rank him in the top 5.

WOULD ANY TEAM ACTUALLY BENIFT FROM LUNSDEM HE PLAYS WITH A TEAM THEN LEAVES FOR THE NFL THEN WANTS TO COME BACK HOW MUCH FAITH CAN YOU PUT IN HIM . FRSH OUT OF UNIVERSITY HE WAS A PLAYE RYOU COULD TRY TO BUILD YOUR OFFENCE AROUND NOW YOU CAN'T TRUST HIM TO BE THERE SO TO ME HE IS NO MORE USE THAN A PRATICE TEAM PLAYER

sorry about the caps i forgot to turn them off

I Don't Really Understand Your Point Of View There Tree. Hamilton Could Really Use Him Right Now, Plus He's A Canadian, I'd Rather Have Him On The Roster Then Holmes ...... Actually Now That I Think Of It Hamilton's Still Got Ranek, Its Been A While Since We've Seen Him Do Anything. But It'd Still Be Good To Have Two Canuk RBs To Free Up An Import Spot On The Roster With Out Having To Worry About And Important Part Of The Offense Going Down With An Injurie And Not Have A Non-Import To Fill His Role.

Hamilton might want to trade one of Ranek, Holmes or Lumsden for some of the many things they need, assuming Ranek's injury isn't messing him up too long.

lumsden is a canuk, which means the tabbies can play another american....so hopefuly they will fire canadian kicker, boreham and bring back that american myers ( who altho made kicks, they fired cuz hes american )

then they let holmes go back to the riders as a free agent after this season ( which he will do, no doubt ).

then give ranek away in the expansion draft to ottawa.

to bamboo:

hamilton could use him you are right , however, he comes in does great builds up hope for ti-cat fans for next year(lets face ot their done) and then leaves for another nfl team next year just like he did this year

He would have to sign a longer term deal for this not to happen otherwise don't sign him in Hamilton.

thats a given...2 year plus option or the ticats hold his rights and dont let him play at all, which makes it impossible to get another look in the NFL.

Earl i agree tottaly

I can see Jesse sitting out the rest of this year unless he gets a chance to fill an injury opening in the NFL.
Then next February he will be a free agent and will be able to take over Ricky's salary in Toronto. The so called salary cap is rumoured to be delayed a year to allow the Argos to load up for the 2007 Grey Cup. The league needs a year to tweak the rules. :slight_smile:

As mentioned Jesse should come to the Cats on his knees and the team should only discuss a long term deal. No more crap like the last two years.
If not, Jesse don't let the door hit you on the way out.

the only way jesse makes the nfl, is if he humbles himself and gains weight to become a blocking fullback and a special teams player, he needs to stop being overconfident about himself and realize that his best shot is as a fullback.

Neil is the problem I am sure! He has put it into his kids head that the NFL is where he want to be. That is not a bad thing! But at running back no chance Mr Whelan! He has lost two years of his pro career and he will end up in the CFL. But he has lost time in his career. Bad advise daddy!