Lumsden to have surgery

I certainly won't disagree with you on this one. I'm already on record as saying I think this could be a possible answer to his injury problems.

Anyone who suggests trading Lumsden or that he is Not a capable Tailback is a troll- However imho he would or could be a great SB, or LB as well!!!

I think he'd make a terrific slotback. Lumsden spending most of his time playing behind the defensive line would a nightmare for league defensive coordinators. And with his speed, how are most LBs supposed to cover him?

But I don't think it will help much with respect to his health. I see some of the hits guys like Clermont and Cahoon take... Jesse would still take a pretty good pounding.

While he's been injured a lot, at least it's not the same injuries happening repeatedly.

I think he'd make a terrific slotback. Lumsden spending most of his time playing behind the defensive line would a nightmare for league defensive coordinators. And with his speed, how are most LBs supposed to cover him?

But I don't think it will help much with respect to his health. I see some of the hits guys like Clermont and Cahoon take... Jesse would still take a pretty good pounding.

Lumsden has next to zero experince as a receiver - didn't get passes thrown his way much in college ball and has demonstrated little receiver finesse or hands - the notion that he could somehow become a quality CFL slotback - to learn to run routes , show good hands and demonstrate pro receiver skills is IMO a HUGE stretch; OTOH - he has the experience and has demonstrated considerable skill as a tailback - his 7 + yards/carry average in the pros this past season was off the charts for the CFL. Thinking he could be bumped to slotback and make an impact is pie in the sky stuff probably - better have a superb RB to play instead at tailback and next to nothing available at slotback so you'd think Lumsden could do better there.
The guy's maybe the most powerfull, explosive RB to come into the CFL in years and some want him converted to slotback - I don't get it - outside of the thinking that he won't get injured at slotback but continually will as a tailback - could be I guess.

basic matter of touches…

possibilities of 20+ touchers a game at RB,

a good receiver might be able to catch 8 balls every few weeks… and that’s player of the week material.

no question, maybe platooning with Cauley a little more (who also boasted a healthy yards per carry) might help keep both of them a little more healthy.

26 catches in half a season on a poor passing offense. I'd say he's displayed some surprisingly decent hands and nobody took advantage of them before (though they didn't need to, at least while he was in university).

While I think he would make a great slotback, I would not want it to be his regular position. He has too many other tools, and it would be a waste of his ability as a running back.

I would like to see the next OC get creative, move him around a bit and use Lumsden the way many had hoped Holmes would have been incorporated into the offense. Line him up at slot a bit. Put him on the line of scrimmage once in a while. Find a way to put Caulley in the backfield at the same time.

Management of talent has been as big a problem with this team as finding it.

Lumsden will be fine now that the shoulder is going to be repaired. I think obie knows if he trades him ,he will be run out of town. You have to give lumsden one more year.

Despite only playing in ten games in 2007, Jesse Lumsden produced 1,091 total yards of offence amounting to 19.46% of the Ticats' total offensive yardage of 5,605 for the entire eighteen game season. His health status may be an issue from time to time but his productivity is still outstanding. He is a keeper!

I agree that he's a keeper. All running backs are going to get injured. He's been getting injured more than is usually expected though, so that's a concern. But to me, it's not enough of a reason to let him go. Why? Because when he is on the field he is deadly. He is the most exciting offensive Tiger-Cat player in my opinion since Earl Winfield. I remember back in the day fans yelling to "pass it to Earl!". Now it's "give it to Jesse!". He's too loved here to give up on him already. Give him next year, see if he can stay more healthy (he's going to be out for a game or two realistically).

We have to lesson the pressure on Jesse with a balanced attack and keep the other teams from keying on him. that would go a long way to lesson Jesse's injury problems.

I dont know what is meant by balanced he only had 7-10 carries a game balance would mean increasing them if he has any less carries next year you might as well just sit him in the stands

Our passing game has been a joke allowing the other team to key on our RBs, which I think increases their chances of injury, not every chance but some. Jesse’s running style also contributes. The more successes in passing the better chance to run more frequent.