Lumsden released

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=320615

What do you guys think of this? I'm glad it happened.

:thup:

Too bad it had to end due to injury.

So I would think plenty of younger, fresher, faster legs to shop for the position if they go import for sure, but how about non-import or they have to substitute another player that for the ratio otherwise and how?

I think the ratio should be fine. They picked up Brad Smith and Andre Talbot earlier, and they're both NI. Plus we've signed a few other NI, so I don't think the ratio will be an issue.

At running back we've Whitlock (I), McCarty (NI), and Bertrand (NI). Plus HfxTC said something about us signing Pascal Fils, who is a Canadian running back... though I haven't been able to find anything to support that yet.

So Lumsden won't be a huge loss. We took a shot with him, it failed, and now we're cutting our losses. I'm happy.

Marty York reports that Jesse Lumsden tripped and sprained his ankle while picking up his UIC cheque. He will be out for four weeks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's not what I heard, Apparently he got hit by the door on the way out . now out for the rest of the season. :lol: :lol: :lol: