Lumsden Not Injured in Crash

Lumsden had horrible luck in the CFL with injuries. However managed to survive a scarry situation in Sochi :slight_smile:
Gotta really feel sorry for the guy. Everything he has attempted since his CIS days has gone to hell. His NFL career ended with injury... His starting runningback job was lost to multiple injuries... His benchwarmer/special team with Canadians not good enough for American coaches career ended in injury too... Now this.
I hope he goes and works for TSN and replaces one of the Americans on the panel... His looks would attract more female viewers.

Was a horrible crash, they finished the run upside down. Amazing that none were hurt.

That was pretty crazy, just fortunately not as bad as the crash from the 2010 Olympics when the luge guy was killed.

That was the most sickening thing I've ever seen in sports, when the guy got launched off the course and you could hear his head smack off the pillars.

http://archive.ksdk.com/images/640/360/2/urlwww.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/promo/2014/02/22/1393120447000-AP-APTOPIX-Sochi-Olympics-Bobsleigh-Men.jpg

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/cms/binary/9540000.jpg

Thank God,no serious injuries,heads up and thumbs up :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: to all of you!!!!

You don't hear those three words together very often: "Lumsden Not Injured."

Sorry, couldn't resist. :smiley:

But thank the gods/fates/luck or whatever you might believe in that they're all OK. :thup:

Lumsden should retire from all sports or anything to do with contact to his body. He should go look to be a Liberian or a field of that nature. Amazing cis football player but never could do anything in the cfl!

What a total distortion of fact

Lumsden was the best Canadian running back ever! in his short CFL career he was a threat to score any time he touched the football.

He played with the same risks as any player and had a bad break that ended his career long before his attempts to return ended. Demeaning a player for being injured during play is despicable.

Lumsden played at time as Ricky Williams came to the CFL and was Far superior RB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcYJBlhuzTI

I also detest that he has often been ridiculed here for injury problems. It's safe to say that anyone who ever played the game at a high level would not do so.
However I disagree that he is the best ever Can. running back but do think he could have been without the injuries.

That crash was horrific.

How can anyone say this wuss was a great cfl player when in almost every football game he sat on the sidelines for his proffesional carrer. In all of sports I never had time for injury prone vince carter type players who you can never count on because they were always injured with the littlest of injuries. Sure great cis player but never did anything to ever consider him a great player in the cfl.

You obviously were watching different games than I was. True, he was injured for much of his career, with injuries to both shoulders. (And not sure calling someone a wuss because he can't play due to an injury is exactly fair. I guess that makes Ricky Ray and Chad Kacket wusses too, eh?) But when Lumsden was healthy, the guy was explosive - speed of a running back and size of a full back, very hard to stop, and almost impossible to catch from behind.

As others have suggested, had he not been injured for much of his career, he probably would have turned out to be one of the best CFL running backs of all time. Just my opinion, of course.

Calling Lumsden a Wuss????? Lets put you in a bobsled going 70-80 clicks there 1991,no doubt you would probably mess yourself,that is unless you borrowed your buddy Braley's "depends" that is.I wonder,have you ever participated in sports in your life???? or are you just the typical little nerdy type who never participated in anything in your life,and got beat up on a regular basis at recess.You are without a doubt the most NEGATIVE person that posts in here.We all know of your over the top fanatical rantings and ravings and your obsession with all things Braley and Rudge....so do us all a favour please....either seek therapy or up the meds or both....Thank You!!!!!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :twisted:

I quite enjoyed watching Lumsden play CIS and CFL. He was always a threat, and was physical and fast. Its unfortunate his career ended prematurely.

An athlete that struggles through pain and injury with determination to succeed despite repeated stints of rehab is not a "wuss". Demeaning someone's character because of extremely dubious "injury prone" labels is just mean-spirited slander.

Give 1991 time,knowing him I’m sure he’ll find a way to blame Braley and Rudge somehow for the Bobsled crash!!! :roll:

When he played in the CFL, he couldn't tie his shoes without getting hurt yet he goes unhurt in that crash???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcYJBlhuzTI

[/quote]
How can anyone say this wuss was a great cfl player when in almost every football game he sat on the sidelines for his proffesional carrer. In all of sports I never had time for injury prone vince carter type players who you can never count on because they were always injured with the littlest of injuries. Sure great cis player but never did anything to ever consider him a great player in the cfl.
[/quote]
You obviously were watching different games than I was. True, he was injured for much of his career, with injuries to both shoulders. (And not sure calling someone a wuss because he can't play due to an injury is exactly fair. I guess that makes Ricky Ray and Chad Kacket wusses too, eh?) But when Lumsden was healthy, the guy was explosive - speed of a running back and size of a full back, very hard to stop, and almost impossible to catch from behind.

As others have suggested, had he not been injured for much of his career, he probably would have turned out to be one of the best CFL running backs of all time. Just my opinion, of course.
[/quote]
Yeah you were obviously watching different games then I was! All I remembered was this guy always being injured and the ticat management were extremely disappointed with his time on the team that they were so desperate to trade him away. I wouldn't say Ricky Ray is a wuss he has played most of his years without being injured with the exception of last year,chad kackert on the other hand is a different story how many injuries can this guy have tripping over field turf at practice and getting yourself injured for the remainder of the season defeinately makes you have to think this guy is a wuss. You have to ask yourself how good is a player if he is going to be injured half the time he is with your team?You just will have to face the facts Jesse lumdsen will never be remembered as a great cfl player not now and not in the future.

Lumsden was a constant threat ....to getting injured

This is a great read about Lumsden. Hardly a wuss.

[url=http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/05/17/flashback-jesse-lumsdens-disappointing-journey/]http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/05/ ... g-journey/[/url]
:thup: :thup:

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah you were obviously watching different games then I was! All I remembered was this guy always being injured and the ticat management were extremely disappointed with his time on the team that they were so desperate to trade him away. I wouldn't say Ricky Ray is a wuss he has played most of his years without being injured with the exception of last year,chad kackert on the other hand is a different story how many injuries can this guy have tripping over field turf at practice and getting yourself injured for the remainder of the season defeinately makes you have to think this guy is a wuss. You have to ask yourself how good is a player if he is going to be injured half the time he is with your team?You just will have to face the facts Jesse lumdsen will never be remembered as a great cfl player not now and not in the future.
[/quote]
Yes, I remember him getting injured in a few games, and then missing the next bunch. Definitely not the career that Ticat management, coaches and fans, or Jesse himself, were hoping for.

But I also remember him in other games hitting holes, bursting past seemingly flat-footed linebackers, and then blowing by the speedy DBs, still accelerating when he hit the end zone.

I also suggest you look up the definition of the word "wuss". Being injured, even frequently, does not make someone a wuss. Not playing because of a torn ligament in the shoulder does not make someone a wuss. He was never afraid of getting hit, never shied away from contact

No, he will not be remembered as a great CFL player, but only because his injuries didn't give him that chance. As I said, "had he not been injured for much of his career, he probably would have turned out to be one of the best CFL running backs of all time." Unfortunate that things didn't turn out that way.