Lumsden needs more carries

IMO Jesse Lumsden does not get enough carries per game.

Last week he had 12 carries for 212 yards and a very gaudy average.

He leads the league in rushing and in yards/rush with over 9 per carry.

Think of the possibilities if we handed him the ball a good 15-20 times a game.

Okay I know that the CFL is a pass oriented league and it is rare for backs to see that much work however I think Lumsden getting the ball more would defintely be affective.

Also people may argue that if we ran more then the defense would cheat up to the run, and the times when Lumsden would run for huge yardage the defense would be ready due to the fact we had been running so much.

However this is just a thought now let me hear what you guys think.

No he doesn't, we'll become predictable if he gets more carries. If it ain't broke don't break it. He's averaging 9 ypc, you start giving him the rock every time on first down then that will go down to about 5 ypc.

re- Drexl wrote-No he doesn't, we'll become predictable if he gets more carries. If it ain't broke don't break it. He's averaging 9 ypc, you start giving him the rock every time on first down then that will go down to about 5 ypc.

---- How do you know he can be stopped,.. IE- Mike Pringle didnt make a first down every rep either, But by the 4th q- the op D would be beat and he would get his big runs. SO imo -lukethompson -- is 100% correct., And holmes should ONLY get reps as Backup!!

i have been sayign this all the time…give lumsden the ball about 20 times a game not 12

and use the play action alot when passing

I don't understand what would be predictable...that he hits 220? 240? 260?... :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

15-20 carries would be about right for a target. Keeping Corey in the slot as much as possible would really make our play action game open up with option routes.

Oski Wee Wee,

I find this post really fun to read almost a month to the day it was made… i wonder if said poster still feels the same way

LMAO

Ask Kelly Malveaux what he thought of the overhyped train that went by again and again. :wink:

Of course it’s just the shorn locks of the Hamilton Hottie that just make him more aerodynamic. :wink:

I wonder when it stops being luck. After 150 yards? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oski Wee Wee,

I disagree with this whole theory. Do remember, when you're busting out 70+ runs that it does take a lot out of you. Did you ever think of that???

yea u lose ur breath

then the Defence gives u a chance to get a back....then u go do another one :smiley:

lol

he'll get more touches as the season moves along and the cold,wet weather sets in. what they're doing is creating a two headed monster in their offensive schemes, once the passing game settles in we'll see more jessie as well as holmes. sometimes you gotta take what the opposing defence gives you.
yeah, the play action will work pretty good if the offence continues to progress.

I agree and hope that Charlie does too. I think we could have won the BC game and maybe the first Winnipeg game if Jesse had carried more in the second half (saying that he may have broken one or two runs doesn’t exactly sound like a long-shot anymore…)

Last game however I think it was his own fault that he didn’t have many carries. When you run 69 and 75 yards on the first play of drives you eliminate the potential for 5 or so carries that you might have been given if they had been long sustained drives…Especially the last long run—we had just said “it’s time for Jesse left and Jesse right down the field now”, but, Jesse didn’t cooperate!

I believe I mentioned this in my original post. Maybe you should give that the once over “Drexl”.

“Hi I have dealt with football worldwide”

LMAO!!!

Do people think starting their post like that will garner it more respect???

LOL.

I guess his boast explains how he could be so wrong - in almost all of the wide world he dealt with football in, the ball is perfectly round and the players fall down in agony whenever someone touches them.