Lumsden and the NFL

Lets see, hurt at MAC, hurt in both NFL training camps, hurt in first full season with the Cats. There will be a line up for him once the season ends.

When you put your body on the line the way Jesse does it's natural you're going to get hurt. Any particular reason why you're ragging on someone who has given us a large percentage of the few reasons we've had to cheer this year?? Did he even say he wanted to try the NFL yet??

Actually if you picked up a paper last week there was a two page article on him and he stated going back to the NFL was on his mind, but he wanted to concetrate on the rest of the season first. It was in the SPEC

Oh, so you're ragging on him because you don't think he should go to the NFL?? First of all he hasn't made a decision yet and second, if he has an offer and doesn't take it he's a fool. He can make as much sitting on the bench as he can playing here. He should go where the money is. I wouldn't blame him for one second.

No, I just think he could be a bit injury prone and perhaps after two good games this year too many people think he can jump to the NFL (himself included or the wouldn't have said it), he is a long way from that jump so I am thinking that he should simply resign himself to the fact that he is here to stay and concentrate on people the best player he can be. (possible Hall of Fame if he stays healthy)

No, I just think he could be a bit injury prone and perhaps after two good games this year too many people think he can jump to the NFL (himself included or the wouldn't have said it), he is a long way from that jump so I am thinking that he should simply resign himself to the fact that he is here to stay and concentrate on people the best player he can be. (possible Hall of Fame if he stays healthy)

"Injury Prone" is a made up term. There is no such thing as this. Then to say Jesse could have this makebelieve condition is ludacris!! He is the last thing anyone should be talking about negatively right now.

I think someone might have a case of being "Stupid Prone".

It seems we need a weekly Lumsden-NFL thread and this is just the latest instalment.

(FlashGordo) "Injury Prone" is a made up term. There is no such thing as this. Then to say Jesse could have this makebelieve condition is ludacris!! He is the last thing anyone should be talking about negatively right now.

I think someone might have a case of being “Stupid Prone”.

Now Flash, I’ll thank you to avoid the name calling. There are some folks on this site who get away with it, but you may not.

I think it depends on whether or not you own season tickets, and if so, how many?

Yuck, yuck! (Smiles section of site has been hijacked)

Borehamgirl, if being stupidprone is just stating the facts then I guess I am stupid. Fact is he is injured, I never once accused him of faking it and it seems kind of arrogant to continue to talk about the NFL when you have a total of two 100 yard rushing games under your belt

"Injury Prone" is a term I would USE to describe someone who has shown a CONSISTENT TENDENCY to get injured ... pretty simple really.

"Injury Prone", whether a "made up term" or NOT ... is EXACTLY what Jesse is PROVING to be.

MANY here have suggested this in the past, and the LABEL will CONTINUE to be used until Jesse can go a SIGNIFICANT Stretch of games without "INJURY".

If I were a GM, looking for a player ... and I had to make a DECISION for the FINAL spot on a Roster ... would it not MAKE SENSE to take a chance on the player with the thinner Medical Record ? All SKILLS being Equal, of course.

Peace.

P.S I TRULY believe Jesse is a CFL Lifer ! And there is NO SHAME in that !

Jesse is a gamer all the way. But as I learned once, the bigger they are, the harder they fall and Jesse at 6'2" and 225 lbs, can fall pretty hard. I just hope the shoulder isn't a nagging career injury.

I hope he stays, I think he can be a fine player for us for the long term. If he decides to continue trying to make it in the NFL, then I wish him luck. Whether it is for money or for the satisfaction of making it at football's highest level, I do not have any quarrel with his ambitions.

Jesse has been injured often, and wherever he plays, I hope this does not interrupt his career badly.

"INJURY PRONE":

Very much so a reality and not a made up term. Certain injuries, i.e. concussions leave you more prone to them after suffering the first one. In addition, certain style of play can leave you more prone to injury.

If there exist running backs who have played as much as Jesse against similar competition for a similar period of time and Jesse has suffered a number of injuries where others have not, I think we can begin to classify him as injury prone.

Being injury prone is something that will definitely dampen the interest he'll garner from the NFL.

Easy there, it wasn’t me who said that. I don’t resort to name calling as much as I want to sometimes. :wink: It’s just not my thing. I understand what you’re saying, I guess I just don’t quite like the way you chose to say it.