Lumsden and Setta

Lumsden and Setta are easily our greatest talents on the roster. So do you think one or both of them will take a stap at the NFL?

Lumsden isnt good enough too injury prone failed 2 times already i dont think the nfl is even looking at him at this point. Setta is a possibilty id think

ADAWG , what did you see in Lumsden before he got hurt that led you to believe that he wasn`t good enough for the NFL ??

Was it the long td runs ? Was it the way he run over DBS ? Was it the way he turned a run that looked stuffed into a long gain ? Or was it his soft hands that grabbed swing passes ??

I would have to agree that Lumsden is not on the radar anymore and to get back on the radar he would have to play a complete season here and have the best season of any back in the Canadian game…even then I think his chances would be slim…

As for Setta…I think after reading his “journal” from Grey Cup and hearing that his parent’s were in town for it and then seeing how the team and league have treated him by giving him player award and all star nominations and awards…he will probably stick around for a while…

Let’s look at Setta’s history in the NFL and see if he got the same kind of respect…

• NEVER actually drafted by an NFL team.
  • Signed as an undrafted free agent in 2004 by New Orleans, attended camp and released before the season.
  • Picked up by Tampa Bay, attended camp, played in 2 pre-season games, released before the season.
  • No record of him playing anywhere the rest of the year.
  • Signed by Chicago as a free agent in January 2005, allocated to NFL Europe (Rhein Fire) where he played in all 10 regular season games and had a great season.
  • placed on waivers in June and claimed by Cleveland a week later. Released by Cleveland in July 2005.
  • signed by the Bills as a free agent in January 2006.
  • allocated to NFL Europe (Cologne Centurions) where he played the last 6 games of the regular season and, again, had a great season.
  • attended Bills training camp and played 3 regular season games with Buffalo, averaging 43 yards on seven punts and connected on 2 extra point attempts.
  • released by Buffalo
  • signed by the Ticats as a free agent in December
  • had an amazing rookie season in 2007

So…he has been the property of 5 NFL teams and 2 NFL Europe teams in 3 years, only getting actual field time from both NFL Europe teams and 2 NFL teams (and only 1 of those for regular season duty - and only for 3 games at that)…then you compare to the respect that both the team and fans have given him here in Hamilton…do you truly think he will look back to the NFL? I don’t think so and truly hope he doesn’t!!!

LATER.

Fine research there, and condolences on losing your user name!

Remember the guys he is running over here arent as big as a nfl dlinemen linebacker or db. I'm not sayin he isnt a good running back just not good enough for the nfl. His upright running style wouldnt work as well there either. I just think he is suited better for the cfl.

it dossnt matter what the guy can do when hes healthy. the nfl knows he has ingury problems hes been hurt every season.

Setta may go to the NFL this is his option year coming up.

re-ilostmyusername wrote-I would have to agree that Lumsden is not on the radar anymore and to get back on the radar he would have to play a complete season here and have the best season of any back in the Canadian game...even then I think his chances would be slim...

As for Setta...I think after reading his "journal" from Grey Cup and hearing that his parent's were in town for it and then seeing how the team and league have treated him by giving him player award and all star nominations and awards...he will probably stick around for a while...

Let's look at Setta's history in the NFL and see if he got the same kind of respect...

• NEVER actually drafted by an NFL team.
  • Signed as an undrafted free agent in 2004 by New Orleans, attended camp and released before the season.
  • Picked up by Tampa Bay, attended camp, played in 2 pre-season games, released before the season.
  • No record of him playing anywhere the rest of the year.
  • Signed by Chicago as a free agent in January 2005, allocated to NFL Europe (Rhein Fire) where he played in all 10 regular season games and had a great season.
  • placed on waivers in June and claimed by Cleveland a week later. Released by Cleveland in July 2005.
  • signed by the Bills as a free agent in January 2006.
  • allocated to NFL Europe (Cologne Centurions) where he played the last 6 games of the regular season and, again, had a great season.
  • attended Bills training camp and played 3 regular season games with Buffalo, averaging 43 yards on seven punts and connected on 2 extra point attempts.
  • released by Buffalo
  • signed by the Ticats as a free agent in December
  • had an amazing rookie season in 2007

So...he has been the property of 5 NFL teams and 2 NFL Europe teams in 3 years, only getting actual field time from both NFL Europe teams and 2 NFL teams (and only 1 of those for regular season duty - and only for 3 games at that)...then you compare to the respect that both the team and fans have given him here in Hamilton...do you truly think he will look back to the NFL? I don't think so and truly hope he doesn't!!!

LATER.

Grrrate post speaks volumes about the nfl.- As for how Lumsden could do in nfl imho it would depend on wich team he was on. if it ran a modern offence or an old school nfl type, anyone who thinks he isnt in the nfl because he isn't good enough, must wach to much bradshaw b.s. lmao ---- :roll:

If Jesse was given a legit shot on a downhill type running team, most likely Denver or the Browns, I think he could succeed. Don't worry though, I think He's in the CFL for the long term.

I'd really like for Jesse to stick with the Ticats, however, if he jumped to the NFL it might give me a reason to watch that boring game.

It would be nice if he actually played a full season.

Watching the Top 10 Runs video again reminds me of how awesome our running game did throughout the season. Both the line and our 3 RBs did very good.

It also reminded me that i also would like Lumsden to play a full season lol :wink:

Setta will be back, if not, i would be very surprised.

Another Reason to Keep Charlie
He made our Running game Better .

Lumsden needs to show that he is not injury prone if he is to stick with the Ti Cats. Forget the NFL, no team would touch him after two failed tries and, those injuries....