Luke Tasker

Well, he is our team’s #7 all-time receiver by career yards. Clustered within a pack of 9 players who are all within the 5,000-6,500 yard range: Grant, Amerson, Flutie, Stapler, Tasker, Champion, Grigg, Banks, Morreale. Most of those guys enjoyed pretty strong fan support in their day.

1 Like

BTW - That’s Tommy Grant, not Bakari. Also Darren Flutie, not Doug.

1 Like

With zero evidence still sticking to the theory this is all injury related .

1 Like

would like to see Tasker in a Lions Uni

Everyone would like to see Tasker on their team

He is still an asset. He brings experience and leadership to the receiving corps. He has a "niche" role as a consistent possession receiver, tremendous at getting those yards for a first down.

Hopefully time plays out in our favour and he is back in black and gold.

2 Likes

And yet, no word on a signing or anyone pursuing him. I find this a strange situation.

1 Like

I think the teams are waiting for rock bottom prices maybe as low as the 65 k min salary

That amount would be an insult to a player as accomplished as Tasker. At that point he might as well pull out his University degree and start his next career.

1 Like

I was one of the people thinking Tasker would re-sign with the cats, but after thinking about it again I think they are happy with Jaelon Acklin's progress, and he is the 1/2 the price 5 year younger option.

1 Like

Not 1/2 price if the price is $65K

I think Tasker will retire and use his IVY league Cornell degree to start his next career. I think Shawn Lemon, Odel Willis, Eman Arceneaux, Mike Jones, Ryan Bomben, Tyler Holmes, Jamal Westerman, Johnny Adams, QB Jonathan Jennings, Cam Marshall, CJ Gable , and Calvin Mccarty will all retire
and Derel Walker will go the XFL...or get an NFL tryout.

I guess I mean the “Old” half price as I would suspect Tasker’s last contract was in the 120-130K range a season. My point is still about the same though. I don’t think a 7 year veteran can earn only the league minimum.

1 Like

FYI - Tasker was making well over $150K in the last year of his 2 year contract

Tasker signed before CFL free agency opens Tuesday and acknowledged that, "You can't ever tell what you're worth unless you hit the market but I can say I'm very happy with the contract that we struck. It's a pay raise from last year (when he was believed to make $150,000), I can promise you that. I wouldn't call it a hometown discount: it's a contract that we're happy with."

1 Like

You had me pretty excited there Grover, then I noticed the date on the article. Downer!

3 Likes

Damn, missed it. LOL

Grover has extra stellar sources . :grinning: I'm hoping for a TiCat Tasker

signing very soon .

Pat Lynch (the old person)

1 Like

Apologies, this new system doesn’t work the same as the old one.
I will try to date the posts from now on

1 Like

When I saw the story I immediately looked for the date on the newspaper link and saw it was from 2 years ago. Posting the dates wouldn’t hurt either. :grinning:

I think we should sign Luke Tasker at a reduced salary for 2 seasons maybe 120k. This gives him a good shot at a Grey Cup victory this year and especially next year's Cup in Hamilton.
It would be a great way to cap off a solid career that could include 5 Grey Cup appearances and 2 wins.

I think Masoli quite often relied on Luke on broken plays or in a 2knd and long.
Masoli would be a better player with Tasker.

2 Likes