Luke Tasker still unsigned?

:sunglasses: They basically had to trade Clements away, he actually wanted out of Hamilton desperately, all because of some moronic idiot fans that were constantly harassing Tom and his family !!

Throwing rocks through through his windows and slashing his tires were just a couple of incidents that the Clements family had to endure.

He had no use for Hamilton after that, and who can blame him !!

The apartment was spotless but small . The super warned me not to gain weight or I'd need the jaws of life to get out . :laughing:

Pat Lynch (the old dude)

1 Like

This is why I asked if the question was sarcastic.

1 Like

If I remember correctly Gord Paterson was sucker punched in the jaw by a Rider player named Bobby Hosea around 1980 or 81. Then when the Riders came to play at Ivor Wynne the fans in the end zone were throwing stuff at the Rider players as they entered and exited their dressing room. I heard that was the reason the Cats had to erect that little protective canopy in the east endzone where the visiting team entered and exited the field.

As did I as well . I basically just followed up on your post . Only difference was in the way I questioned him .

I wonder if the advent of social media has actually helped alleviate some of this behaviour? Malcontents who once slashed tires and broke windows can now attack their enemies online from the safety of their own basements with misspelled tweets and angry memes.

3 Likes

The people that did this and used to throw beer and whiskey bottles at IWS are now in their late 60s and 70s and probably don't go to games anymore and sitting at home complaining and trolling

1 Like

:sunglasses: I agree with you, the modern day malcontents can now say what they want from the safety of their basements !!

2 Likes

Lol...."modern day malcontents" would be too lazy to smash windows and slash tires. Besides they're too busy on their phones to do much of anything else.

2 Likes

:sunglasses: LOL, how right you are pope :rofl:

1 Like

Possibly the only upside of the zombification of a generation: an alternative outlet for lone wolves to vent their rage.

Unfortunately, it’s more than offset by the super-charged ability to connect with like-minded souls to coordinate on group actions, like street racing events or attempting to violently overthrow the government.

1 Like

I remember the Bobby Hosea incident, but thought he may have sucker punched Rocky DiPietro instead. There was big hype for the game but Hamilton came out flat and faded down the stretch that year after dominating the east all season - losing the East Final after that long Pat Stoqua Td.

1 Like

I recall the incident. Think the receiver was Gord Patterson.

1 Like

It was Gord Patterson and it was a pure sucker punch after the whistle. In the Argos-XFL thread, they're talking about actors who played or tried out for the CFL. In 1995, Hosea played OJ Simpson in something called The OJ Simpson Story. I never saw it, I don't think a lot of people who wanted to see it. The murders were in '94.

1 Like

Yogi Berra's advice would still work on "innernet trolls" . Never answer anonymous letters . :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Pat Lynch (a huge Yogi fan)

1 Like