Luke Tasker Injured

Seriously? What the heck is going on here? Is someone putting something in the water or something?

[url=http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/5677054-another-practice-another-injury-for-ticats/]http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/567 ... or-ticats/[/url]

Hope it doesn't affect Medlocks field goals and Pat's.

A couple of weeks ago, we had a roster that looked capable of a Grey Cup win this season.
Excuse me if I become doubtful that this will actually take place.

Don't get me wrong, I wan t a Grey Cup here so badly, I can taste it.

I might be wrong, but I don’t think many (or any?) of these injuries are season-ending. Sure, it might make the start of the season difficult for Hamilton, but considering the weakness of the competition in the east, a slow start doesn’t necessarily preclude winning the Grey Cup.

we'll be fine. another slow start year that ends in a GC appearance.

just aslong as we win all our home games :rockin:

get better Luke. son of former NFL star Steve

I might be wrong, but I don't think many (or any?) of these injuries are season-ending. (quote)

You are wrong. (Bulcke)

Hmm, yeah. So Bulcke and Watt (I think) are gone for the season. Are those such crippling losses that the Cats shouldn't be thought of as favorites to represent the Grey Cup in the east? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm legitimately asking that question. From an outsider's standpoint, it seems like the team will be fine in the long term.

Hopefully Luke is okay and ready to go again soon. The injury bug has hit many players again but hopefully we will get most back within the opening weeks of the season.

In the interim it’s a good opportunity for rookies and other players to show us their stuff and hopefully break the roster.

I would be very concerned if Medlock gets injured though, he went down on Saturday to fatigue apparently but who on the roster would replace Medlock as our K/P?

We have Fantuz as a holder for kicks if Tasker is out but it would be great to have a back up Kicker/Punter of the roster.

Go Cats Go!!!

Dave Stalla :wink: I only wish.

Madu is done for the season as well

The only injuries I can think of are:

• our top 3 running backs
  • 2 of our top 3 Canadian D-linemen
  • our 2 starting O-tackles from last season
  • 3 of our top 5 import receivers from last year, plus a promising newcomer
  • our #2 Canadian receiver (before the season even started)
  • (arguably) our top linebacker
  • 1 starting DB plus 1 newcomer challenging for a position
  • and a handful of other prospects (rookies)

But we can't dwell on the negatives. Let's just focus on all the areas of the team where we have not had injuries.

I think the coaches are ok

Season ending? Yup.

Bulcke, Gaydosh, Watt, Madu.

When I read this I thought that the Cats wouldn't be favoured over the Als at this point. But I looked up oddshark. There are no odds for winning the East but for the Grey Cup:

http://www.oddsshark.com/cfl/cfl-betting-grey-cup-odds

For what that is worth, the Cats are at 13 to 2 to win the Grey Cup and the Als are at 8 to 1. Cats are favoured but not by much. And all the Western teams except Winnipeg are favoured over both.

[quote="BIGCAT" ......... I would be very concerned if Medlock gets injured though, he went down on Saturday to fatigue apparently but who on the roster would replace Medlock as our K/P? We have Fantuz as a holder for kicks if Tasker is out but it would be great to have a back up Kicker/Punter of the roster. ....
[/quote]
The team wouldn't be dressing a back-up kicker, even if they had one. So, if Medlock went down during a game, they'd have to go with their "emergency kicker," whoever that might be. Then, before the next game, they'd "rent" a kicker (maybe Paul McCallum or Brett Lauther. I believe the RedBlacks have cut John Mark, who was the 20th overall pick in the '14 draft and went back for another year with the Dinos after SSK's training camp. He might be interested in joining the Cats' P.R. to be tutored by Medlock until he gets another chance, if not here, with another team.

Interesting. Thanks for that. I also didn't realize how many of these injuries are season-ending. Very weird and bad luck for the Cats.

I guess with Tasker now on the suspended list and no one talking about his injury only that it’s lower body injury, it’s anyone’s guess to how long he is gone for? Since Gable is also on that list with the hand injury and out for four weeks or so is Tasker out for the same or more?

Maybe, just maybe, we are getting all of our injuries for the season, out the way now.

Ya have to wonder if the team's training staff are doing their jobs. Are they doing enough in the off-season to get the players ready? Are they doing what needs to be done during training camp to keep guys healthy? It just seems like a lot of injuries to me.

An Argo-Cat fan

I'm not sure what you'd expect trainers to do in the off-season to "get players ready". I think that's in the players' hands. Same thing during camp. Hard to blame injuries on the trainers, unless they are trying something radical like refusing to give the players cleats or scrimping on the tape, which I doubt. Trainers would have a hand in minimizing recovery times, but that's after the fact.

That said, the rash of injuries year after year, affecting our team more than others, defies any other logical explanation that I'm aware of.