Lui come back!!!

I think BC is great, but I have this feeling that "O'Missed Again", is going to loose it for us. So many games Lui won for BC, but its hard to have faith in our current kicker with results like last night. I suggest he go out and practice every single day until he gets it right...and whats with taking so bloomin' long to kick that last 50 yard'r??? Get rid of our current kickers, they don't live up to the level play that Dickenson, Printers, and Pierce(for a 3rd string) bring to the game....if the Cup comes down to a field goal, we are going to loose.... :frowning:

Dickenson: get well soon!!!. Ice that neck, and hope to see you back when you are ready. You played awesome as per usual......your numbers speak for themselves.....

Have a great Sunday folks!

ps Edmonton and Sask did play well against BC the last two weeks, my hat off to two well deserved wins. Its nice to see some competition....not like that horrid game I sat and watched in Ottawa when BC creamed the Rens. I mean, yea I laughed all game, but with 20,000 Ottawa fans sitting around me, I had to be reserved. It would have been more entertaining if Joseph actually knew how to play the game....

I have to completely agree with you about Omahoney , he cost us the game last night . We should have won that one . But that last kick was by Bret Anderson , not Duncan . It was very unfair of Wally to ask him to try that kick .
He's not a field goal kicker . In fact he's not really even supposed to be a kicker at all , he's a back up receiver . But he's been doing the kick offs for a number of years now since the later days of Lui because Lui actually wasn't very strong in doing them and nor is D O'.
He apparently did kick field goals in college , but last night was his first ever as a pro. And his college days were along time ago , like about 10 years or so .
Wally should still have either let O'mahoney try one more or played 3 down football . :roll: I would have gone for playing 3 downs myself . I knew 100% for sure that Bret wasn't going to make that kick and I don't know what Wally was thinking in trying it. Going for a first down was his best bet, IMO.

I would have to agree with You pennw. Going for the 3 downs would have been the best choice, and not using Omahoney for the feild goal. Is is sad when the Lions have had such a wonderful season thus far, until their last 2 games, and then this. What was Waaly thinking? We are not sure, maybe the pressure is getting to him.
Let us just hope the next game is better thought out and played..... and won.
Go Lions Go!

That was a long kick anyway. I agree should have went for it on 3rd. and then kicked it. And it should have been O'mahoney kicking. regardless of how bad he kicked, he was still the kicker.

I should not have been surprised, given it was a Buono call. He is unquestionably the worst coach in the CFL… Can you believe he won only 3 Grey Cups in Cgy all those years? Even Pete Kattela or Steve Goldman could have won a couple goblets with those teams…
and while we’re at it… Dickenson is washed up, get rid of him… trade Pierce and give the reins to Jarius Jackson (or else try to get Dave Rivers back)…
Geroy Simon is loafing on backside routes, he is clearly pouting… Cut him and bring in Gerald Harris or Tyree Davis ro somebody…
Clermont is a gem, Warren gives a workmanlike effort…
But man, that O-line is inadequate… where is Todd Storme when you need him??
It’s too late. this season is lost…

I should not have been surprised, given it was a Buono call. He is unquestionably the worst coach in the CFL.. Can you believe he won only 3 Grey Cups in Cgy all those years? Even Pete Kattela or Steve Goldman could have won a couple goblets with those teams..
and while we're at it.... Dickenson is washed up, get rid of him.. trade Pierce and give the reins to Jarius Jackson (or else try to get Dave Rivers back)..
Geroy Simon is loafing on backside routes, he is clearly pouting.. Cut him and bring in Gerald Harris or Tyree Davis ro somebody..
Clermont is a gem, Warren gives a workmanlike effort..
But man, that O-line is inadequate.. where is Todd Storme when you need him??
It's too late. this season is lost..

I say get rid of Duncan and get a new kicker..... theres a local kid at one of the highschools ive been watching , he plays for Vancouver College , He can boot the ball in the endzone on his kickoff's ,maybe a future prospect.

can anybody tell me what is happening with Dave Dickinson ? ? ? ?
hate to see anybody get hurt
want to beat you with Dickinson playin on the last game of the regular season

hes got a concussion and BRING LOOOO BACK!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

It's too late. this season is lost..
we can still win. have some faith in your team.

the season is not lost...it's better to see the weaker parts of our game now and fix and practice than to head into the playoff without being ready for them!!! at least looking at it that way has given me some piece of mind... come on lions!!! and yeah, we need a new kicker!!!

i got 1 thing to say about the kickers in this league. All but 1 veteran kicker is kicking over 60%. Now its not just duncan missing the field goals.

Duncan struggled with field goals in Calgary...Remember they brought McGloughlin out of retirement because O'Mahoney sucked early in the season? Keep Duncan for punts, but we need a RELIABLE field goal kicker NOW!

Kicking in the cfl is horrendous this year. I think that ciau is either not producing kickers or the coaches are making it too hard for rookie kickers to dislodge the incumbents. O Mahoney, Sean Fleming, Troy Westwood, Paul Mccallum, Matt Kellett have all stunk this year, I think Prefontaine in TO has been good, DeAngelis is Calgary and Boreham in Hamilton have been ok but the rest have been awful.

People give us Rider fans a hard time for what we did with McCallum but you guys are no different. Actually, if it wasn’t for O’Mahoney you wouldn’t have even made it to the GC last year…

westwood is still 100% within 40 yds i believe. him for printers straight up. you don't need printers there and we still need a starting qb. westwood could do you well in the playoffs. don't let fg % tell you the whole story. i am not saying troy boy has had a great year but he is still one of the most reliable in the league.

Would you really make that trade, for all his talk of going to the NFL?

im not kidding .... this local highschool kicker brody Mcnight is 100% on his field goals and he can boom kickoffs!! heard about this kid on the radio...they said he's already kicking at the university level...

This thread is proof that pennw is nothing but a trolling hypocrite. He can tell us Rider fans off for how we treated McCallum but here are Lions fans doing the exact same thing.

You guys were critical of McCallam when he struggled....We're critical of O'Mahoney while he is struggling......Both fans stating the obvious.....

Am I missing something?