Love the winged helmet from the 60's. Really cool.

The Alouettes wore their iconic "Winged Helmet" from the 1960's vs. BC. My favourite helmet of theirs. they will be wearing a different one from each era of their history each month. I think this is super cool. Wish the Redblacks would do the same and market our long 140 year history of Ottawa football with retro helmets and uniforms and merchandise.

Agreed!

https://postmediamontrealgazette2.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/fbo-cfl-alouettes-lions-20180616.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=826&h=619&crop=1&zoom=2

Looking forward to seeing the delta logo from 74.

To each is own! :wink:

Ce casque des années '60 représente très bien cette équipe des Alouettes : une aura de médiocrité.

I recall the 60s Alouettes really really well.

Andmédiocritéis being kind.

Go back to the Grey angry bird helmets withe the grey pants. They had better luck with those colors.

Sorry to be the killjoy. I am not interested in the color of the gift wrap, and the frilly bow.

Only in the quality of the gift ... which needs a lot of improvement to tantalize me.

True. However the title of this thread was in reference to the Winged Helmet.

Sorry to be the killjoy. I am not interested in the color of the gift wrap, and the frilly bow.

Only in the quality of the gift ... which needs a lot of improvement to tantalize me.

Celui-ci cadeau peut-être?

???

Keep the wings full time. Present logo is highschool. Can't wait to see abstract bird head logo.

The helmet of this month

https://instagram.fymy1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/07d7fbd3e09637965a102c9ca89dc1c2/5BDD5465/t51.2885-15/e35/36113507_1987898108187466_4975307905440940032_n.jpg?se=7

The eye should be GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the winged helmet, much improved over the cartoon of recent years.

Didnt realize it at first but youre certainly right. Somebody better make a trip to Reno Depot.

All players will be handed green markers tomorrow and instead of practicing they will stay indoors in ac environment and spend the time colouring. :wink:

This is what it should look like (without the scuffs and marks). Johnny bets they omitted the green, because there is no green on the current uniform.

They should have kept it the same. We want the green eye!

Yeah, what a gyp!

:frowning:

In fact I think the Alouettes should come out in retro green and red uniforms while wearing this retro helmet.

Overall I think the Als looked best when their colours were red, green and white.

:slight_smile:

So, this is what I figure will happen, maybe someone knows for sure ? But from the view of a Hamilton fan, it seems like the Al's will go retro for a year, before unveiling a brand new one. And I bet it will take cues from some of the more simplistic, classic logos of the past that they are showing off this year.

You nailed the first part.Joey Alfieri speculated that they would update the logo when Boivin was hired last year.
Boivin updated the Concordia U logo during his time there.The dirty bird logo is tired and from 90's.
It's time to move on to something more modern.I like the french horn w/o the green.Perhaps something streamlined and futuristic is what they had in mind. The league is going to a new uniform vendor(Nike,Under Armour, Puma, Starter) next year.
We shall see.