Lose this week and miss the playoffs

It really looks like the game against the cats this weekend will determine whether the Riders or the Cats will grab the last playoff spot in the east. Riders win and they are 3 games up, lose and they are 1 up. Cats will have 3 games left, the Riders 2. A tie in the standings goes to the Cats. There is a very good possibility that the Cats would win both of their remaining games against Ottawa but probably lose to Calgary in Calgary. There is also a high probability of the Riders being swept by a good Calgary team (if the Riders lose to Hamilton, they would likely have to sweep the Stampeders to get in and that would be VERY HARD to do). Both teams know this and should be playing hard this weekend. Either way Calgary can end both teams playoff hopes.

2 Likes

It depends on where Calgary is in the standings as the last two may be meaningless games for them

Not supposed to be trash talking in the team areas. Keep it on the main forum.

2 Likes

yea i didn’t realize it was the team forum til after. i deleted. my bad

1 Like

That's an interesting point. Saskatchewan might get a huge break in their last two games against Calgary if Calgary's resting their starters.

They won't rest them for two games, maybe 1.

1 Like

Good news Narles! Check the CFL Standings right now and you'll see that the Riders have been given a 'do over'. Your team is only 4 points out of first place and very much alive for the division title.

Congrats! :partying_face:

1 Like

I wouldnt mind going back in time and redoing this season!

2 Likes

Is there ANY chance that Cody would get to play behind a better O-line if management got another crack at getting things right?

Not with current management, no.
But I could save myself some time and frustration

1 Like