Looking like Tate will start for Calgary vs the Riders

but.. but.. they help him see under the lights and for sun!!! :cry:

:roll:

I have no respect for a coach that would gift a backup quarterback with this start, against the Riders. After all the flax Henry has taken from them over the years, and after beating them twice this season on their own turf, he definitely deserves the chance to do it again at home. :rockin:

Maybe Huff should be dealing with some of the bigger issues, ie. penalites, discipline, the lowest score in sack attacks and sacks on their own quarterback due to lack of protection, etc.

One way or another, they've made the playoffs, and there is no need to change things now.
Henry deserves to start this game. :slight_smile:

Huff would be playing right into the Riders' hands if he doesn't. :x

Five straight games under 200 yards passing… he’s doing Henry a favour. The season is far from meaningless a by and home game is a lot different than travelling to Edmonton and BC.

I give WAY more respect to a coach who’s willing to start a young QB over the reigning MOP because he’s obviously not there anymore. Outside of a pretty good three game stretch in the middle of the year, Burris has been pretty awful all year. If he started Tate against Toronto they probably win.

Way more respect for that than for a coach who just takes the easy way out.

In order to decide what they do next season, they need to know what Tate can do. Had Burris had a MOP season, he would still be in control, now he is not.

Send Burris back to Regina...

smart move, and i hope the ticats do a similar move, in allowing porter to start the remaining 3 games.

It's an awesome move to Tate and great commentary from I think all here on the matter.

For next season, I look forward to watching more of the offence of the future, which is really developing I think into an improved version of how it ran the last two seasons, of the Stampeders via Tate.

If the Stamps want to continue stubbornly with Burris for now, more power to them I say. :smiley:

We don’t want him. Send him to TO.

Looks like Huffer doesn't have any respect for his vetrans. Reynolds and now Burrass, wow!!

Interesting but it looks like being the MOP is becoming a curse for QBs. They suck the year following being named MOP.

...what is a 'vetran'?...some sort of autobot or decepticon?

a transylvanian tranvestite

so this Veet-nam vetran and this transylvanian transvestite walk into a bar… :lol:

After watching Tate berate the receivers for not coming back to the ball when he's scrambling and then keeping it close for the rest of the game I'm looking forward to seeing him play a whole game. Playing SK at home is the best time to try it.

No kidding that display of leadership was refreshing to see for the future of the league! And that offence working like last year was so fun to watch!

With Calvillo often strong as ever but days more fragile at that age, and no one even close at number two, the league is needy in this regard for the next generation.

Lulay, McPherson, and Tate are on their way but I am hardly sold on any other backups or new starters.

Now that teams can prepare for him will see how good this guy is.

…that is a very valid point…plus, sask’s D will not be third quarter sleepy…DT has his work cut out for him…

Not like Huffnagel is risking anything the way Henry was playing.

Agreed. I don’t think Huf wanted to bench Burris, but the latter’s consistently poor play over the past two months has given him no choice.

From a mechanics and footwork standpoint, Burris has been awful this year, and it’s showing in the skipped passes, overthrown balls, interceptions, and yardage. I admire Hufnagel for making the tough but correct decision to sit Burris (and Reynolds) down and go with the more deserving, younger talent.

If Calgary flops the rest of the way and does nothing in the playoffs, not only will Sask be doing a rebuild in the off season.