Looking for people who love statistics to provide feedback

Hi all - I've created a new forum category called Feedback Panel to occasionally get input on features of the website or mobile app that are going to go live shortly. I've used this practice before, getting the feedback of a small group of fans of a product/brand before bringing that feature out to the public.

First up is some feedback on what data we'll be displaying on the Box Score tab of the new Game Tracker (which displays all info pertaining to a particular football game on CFL.ca). If you're a big stats guy/girl and would be open to taking a look and offering your feedback, please leave a reply and I'll add you to the user group that will allow you to see the area where you can leave your actual feedback. Thanks!

Well the box score tab during a game should show a brief line-by-line summary of each scoring play to include the time left in the quarter at the time of the score, the scorer and if a TD pass also the passer, the yardage involved, and any convert attempt and whether scored or failed.

A link to the video clip or highlight of the scoring play, and if a 2-point convert that was a great play too, would be great.

I'm not sure yet how many and what other tabs are involved, so I am not sure if that's enough information for just the Box Score tab.

just clone nfl.com

they have been doing it right for many years.

Please add me. Send me a PM for contact info or go to Twitter or 3DownNation

I've added both of you to a user group that allows you to view a post at the URL below which describes exactly what I'd like you guys to look at. Please leave your comments in that thread as well.

Looking for Box Score feedback re: the new Game Tracker

[url=http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=101234]viewtopic.php?f=39&t=101234[/url]

Please add me to the panel as well Sully, I'll participate.

Thanks, added! Take a look at viewtopic.php?f=39&t=101234 at your convenience.

I run that CFL Reddit community and I would love to particpate in this. Add me in!

Thank you Sully. I've already reviewed for the Box Score page via the User Group link and have responded.

Added, please take a look at viewtopic.php?f=39&t=101234 when you get a chance!

Thanks, I saw that - I'll look it over as soon as I catch up on e-mail today. :slight_smile:

he lies. He's a joint mod, and like... the prince harry of the Reddit family in line of succession.

Sully - i was wondering if we could have a link back to the CFL web site from the CFL Forum or maybe a link to all CFL social media sites from the CFL forum? Make it easy and there will be much more traffic

me should show a brief line-by-line summary of each scoring play to include the time left in the quarter at the time of the score, the scorer and if a TD pass also the passer, the yardage involved, and any convert attempt and whether scored or failed.

A link to the video clip or highlight of the scoring play, and if a 2-point convert that was a great play too, would be great.

The actual CFL site had a great "LIVE PLAY GAME TRACKER"
that was easy to access up until just a few years ago... and it was basically perfect.

You would simply click on any given matchup
and it would display all individual stats (offence and defence players)
in a clear old-fashioned box score format, along with every scoring play.

You could then also click on a PLAY BY PLAY tab
that would provide a linear account of all the plays in the game.

As a former commissioner of a fantasy CFL league,
I strongly suggest that you keep all the gameday statistics simple and clear
and try not to incorporate a bunch of animations that just bog down the site.
If you must include videos or moving graphics, try to keep them on a separate page.

Regarding season statistics for individual players,
(once again) I suggest that you keep things clear... and include sortable columns.

:thup:

thank u

I would be interested in joining the conversation if it's not too late!

Sully, it would be interesting to have statistics of last night game.

More than 6 months ago, we were supposed to have more statistics than we care yet they are hard to find,even stats of last season.

Regular season begins in exactly 3 weeks and you don't seem prepared.

Richard