Lloyd is done.. in Edmonton!

well they finally cut him.. isn't much of a surprise really..

so will he land anywhere, besides Saskatchewan, because I can't see them taking him back.

Looks like Tillman is finding it a little harder to make a trade these days. :slight_smile:

Eh. Not a huge loss. I was hot and cold with him.

Your hot then you're cold, Your yes then you're No, you're in then you're out, You're up than you're down! :lol:

Mo might not have played up to his salary but i was making reference to Tillman’s statements that the “trading season” was about to start. I think he is mistaken. There is no GM to fleece right now, all teams know what they are doing.

I might see Toronto picking him up..

I seem to recall Joe Mack also saying something but waiting for this time of the season. :smiley:

The Bombers should sign him just so we have 2 MLBs born on the same day and we can make cool signs about our MLBs getting their MoJoe on. :lol:

I see someone's dipping into the sauce a little early tonight. :wink:

No surprise he was not much of a factor since he bolted to Edmonton.

Such a non-factor his first year in Edmonton that he was named a CFLPA all-star in 2009.

I don't think any of us really know what the truth was behind the scenes last year but Lloyd was pretty good for the last half of the season. Personally, I think this is a cap move after Tillman's FA spending spree.

I would have wished they had traded him for someone rather than a cut given his skills and ability. It'll be interesting to see who picks him up.

Some fans know more about Lloyd's status as a locker room distraction, but I would like to read and hear more about that.

Maybe also Lloyd got tired of having to cover-up so much for a porous and sorry defensive line, so he complained all the time in the locker room.

One is not going to miss as many tackles when players are just going through holes full speed and untouched if you are standing in the right place as a LB. :roll:

Really the only thing we know with any degree of certainty is that Kepley had a problem with Lloyd. When Kepley quit, all of his friends in the media pointed their fingers at Lloyd as one of the reasons but the Edmonton media was far from objective regarding the matter. The other thing we know is that Mo Lloyd played a lot better under Nelson last season than he did Kepley.

My view in 2009 when he went to Edmonton was that he was a marquee MLB. A game changer. While he did not light it up in Edmonton, I do believe it had less to do with him, and more to do with the above mentioned defensive line. I still think that he can be a game changer on defence. If the riders did not already have Simpson, Freeman and McCullough I would be screaming for Taman to pick him up. In fact for the right price I would be ok if they just replaced Simpson for Lloyd, it's kind of a prick move, but football is a business.

x2