Live mic and ref cam games

Fans from coast-to-coast-to-coast can catch live mics during the following broadcasts (visit TSN.ca for the complete CFL ON TSN broadcast schedule):
• Friday, June 29 at 7 p.m. ET – Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Hamilton Tiger-Cats
• Friday, July 6 at 7 p.m. ET – Ottawa Redblacks at Montreal Alouettes
• Friday, July 13 at 8:30 p.m. ET – Toronto Argonauts at Edmonton Eskimos
• Saturday, July 21 at 9 p.m. ET – Montreal Alouettes at Calgary Stampeders
• Friday, July 27 at 8 pm. ET – Toronto Argonauts at Winnipeg Blue Bombers
• Thursday, August 2 at 10 p.m. ET – Saskatchewan Roughriders at Edmonton Eskimos
• Thursday, August 9 at 9:30 p.m. ET – Edmonton Eskimos at BC Lions
• Sunday, August 19 at 7 p.m. ET – Calgary Stampeders at Saskatchewan Roughriders
• Saturday, August 25 at 3:30 p.m. ET – Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Calgary Stampeders
• Friday, August 31 at 7 p.m. ET – Montreal Alouettes at Ottawa Redblacks
• Friday, September 7 at 10 p.m. ET – Ottawa Redblacks at BC Lions
• Friday, September 14 at 7 p.m. ET – BC Lions at Montreal Alouettes
• Saturday, September 22 at 7 p.m. ET – Saskatchewan Roughriders at Toronto Argonauts
• Saturday, September 29 at 4 p.m. ET – BC Lions at Hamilton Tiger-Cats
• Monday, October 8 at 4 p.m. ET – Edmonton Eskimos at Saskatchewan Roughriders
• Friday, October 12 at 7 p.m. ET – Hamilton Tiger-Cats at Toronto Argonauts
• Friday, October 19 at 7 pm. ET – Hamilton Tiger-Cats at Ottawa Redblacks
• Friday, October 26 at 8 p.m. ET – Calgary Stampeders at Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The ref cam will appear in one game weekly. The upcoming schedule includes:
• Saturday, June 30 at 9 p.m. ET – Montreal Alouettes at Saskatchewan Roughriders
• Saturday, July 7 at 8:30 p.m. ET – BC Lions at Winnipeg Blue Bombers
• Thursday, July 12 at 7 p.m. ET – Calgary Stampeders at Ottawa Redblacks
• Saturday, July 21 at 4 p.m. ET – Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Toronto Argonauts
• Saturday, July 28 at 4 p.m. ET – Ottawa Redblacks at Hamilton Tiger-Cats

It might be just me, but I find these types of games very gimmicky and wish they'd stop doing them. It seems kind of a desperate ploy to get more viewers. I think most football fans just want to see good football being played and broadcast in a very high standard, without any gimmickry, but I could be wrong.

Absolutely Correct. The CFL has great entertainment value. Quality athletes.

2 things that I feel hurts there image.#1 very average play announcers.
#2 Mic-on players yelling how good they are. I seen the play!!
reminds me when NHL use to circle the puck on TV.

I don’t like to hear the F word come from my tv. I think it is disgusting that the CFL is cooperating with this. I don’t like to use mute so if I hear the wrong language too much, I will just turn it off.

3 thumbs down to the league for this

Very surprised that here you can't say boo but on the TV in front of kids they are not going up to the players and coaches to knock it off tonight .

I actually find it annoying the play calling is nothing new or the comments .

Nothing that makes me go wow .

If anything I get the feeling after a bit of time I can game manage as well as anyone I see on the CFL .

Maybe a little mystery is better .

It's actually ridiculous that the CFL is two faced with the forum and the mic up tonight . I really don't like that aspect . I am the customer .

I agree 100%, Hank and did you notice they did not want anyone arguing with the refs. As soon a O'Shea started questioning a call, they muted him.
The reffing was terrible in this game.

Correct. Ben Major is not ready to be a lead official.

He's still a line judge. Always will be!

I was at the game tonight so did not hear the live mic stuff - but as a kid friends of my family had front row seats at Ivor Wynne directly behind the Ti-Cats bench. And at that stadium the bench was actually a dugout with the bench practically beneath the seats - so the players were literally 10 feet from you. Usually at least one game a year I would get to sit there - from the time I was about ten years old - and you ALWAYS heard A TON of swearing. And the reaction of all the adults AND kids in those seats - nada - it is what it is - it is part of football - no big deal.

Heck - I probably heard way more cursing sitting in the crowd tonight at THF than you guys might have heard on the live mics. And that has always been the case. That is a part of live football - on and off the field.

So to think hearing the odd f-bomb come across on TV of a live football game is a big deal? I personally think that is a bit silly. In fact trying to bleep it out or apologize for it if anything - that probably just draws more attention to it.

expect it in the crowd, but not from players and coaches over the airwaves.

if it isn't allowed here, it should not be allowed on tv.

that most kids grow up hearing it doesn't make if ok.

its not so much part of football but an unfortunate part of life.

Like I mentioned on another posting, that was the worst head officiated game since the days of Jake the Snake Ireland.

I second that .

One or two games is okay after that stop the XFL type crap .

Just continue with the high end camera work with the cameras on a wire .

Now that is appreciated . Stay the course with the less bio on past NFL crap .

Really liked the O line Edmonton size stats and O'donnel bio it was interesting on his size and his try out with the Celtics .

Need more balanced bios for all players not just receivers , QB's and RB's and how they made out with the NFL . That NFL failure stuff needs to end yesterday .

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot every broadcast as a NFL reject league .

Keep your ingredients for talent in fine print .

Some people just here the words was a NFL .......... .

Agree, ArgoT.

One more thing about the swearing. Newbies and kids watching on TV don't expect to hear swearing from their role model heroes. How much we hear in real life has nothing to do with it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Censorship just looks odd when it's not done with a wide brush .

You start using a fine comb like ref questioning it gets noticed .

Either we hear it all (watch viewership decline) or we hear nothing, like before. Who decides what we hear ? It must be the same guy who won't show an obvious offside on a replay of a TD. That's the kind of censorship that really bugs me. If everyone else is open to scrutiny, why not the refs too ? I would rather a mistake is admitted than hidden.

Was at the game last night but did PVR so did watch a few plays last night and over coffee this morning before the World Cup game started just to get an idea of what it was like. A fair bit of gibberish I agree - but some cool stuff too.

The Winnipeg QB screaming like a girl when he got one running first down was hilarious.

Masoli really impressed me. Cool as a cucumber in that huddle - and clearly totally in charge - directing players rapidly without any panic in his voice. A few plays I watched this morning - very impressed with the way he quickly shifted players around or sternly directing players who were not lined up right.

I chuckled this morning when on one play after Banks had caught a first down pass about 9 yards down the field and instead of immediately diving for the first down - he stutter stepped and was tackled short. As the players were breaking the next huddle for the second down play Masoli looked straight at Banks and sternly said 'and get the first down!'.

Or a few other times as receivers came back to the huddle the quick discussions between QB and receiver with things like 'we've got that - don't we' obviously referring to some sort of pass that would likely work based on the coverage they just saw on the previous play.

Hearing those kind of dynamics - kind of cool IMO.

Better than just hearing three hours of the usual drivel from the guys in the booth and a heck of a lot more interesting than the only time hearing the players being the at times painful to watch shots on the bench with a camera in their face after they've made a play. 'Hi Mom, Hi Sue, Hi Dad' etc. .

Sure there is the odd interesting bit but most fans know what the coach is saying to the ref on occasion and that was cut ! How many times do we need to hear Masoli yell "Red Eight" ? It does stop Black from going on but I say go back to the old way of calling a game.

If a person never played sports it might be interesting to hear what players say once in a while. It gets boring fast.

Masoli is such a great leader .

I heard it too but brushed it off as another player and not Masoli who said it .

It was him .

Now that is cool .

With all the F-Bombs coming from the Winnipeg Blue Bombers mic's,
They may have to change their name to The Winnipeg F-Bombers! ::slight_smile: