Listen to Emptyset people!

First of all I enjoyed the thread by voice of reason. :rockin: Now I think I made my point about about what the Lions should have done a few years ago with my "Trade Geroy" thread. Most of you did not then and still don't agree with it but many people enjoy the "feel good hang the jersey"story rather then win and build a dynasty theory. Besides Sanchez this team is soooooo lacking in Canadian talent. Just look at Canadians starting and I think you get the picture...many do not see the importance of this. A Geroy trade a few years ago will have filled many of them holes. Remember American talent is huge especially in the Div 2 schools. Enough said... bed is made now and we must lie in it for now.

Chapdelaine should have been replaced years ago. Unfortunately as much as I like Wally I don't think he is capable to run the offense. Replacing Chapdelaine with someone else now will probably not help at this point. I say again if Anthony Calvillo retires next year get him here!!!!! In the meantime ride with what we have and hope they squeeze in the playoffs.

Armstrong released was a typical move to sacrifice someone who to be honest was not of importance. Makes the news and takes heat of gm for awhile at least. Unless his replacement does a Stephan Logan don't expect major improvement in the offense. We'll wait and see. On the bright side can't wait to see Elimimian back in the lineup. True linebacker since Barrin Simpson.

relax - american talent is huge - especially in the Div 2 schools.

Where to begin ? First of all no need to come on and start crapping on the Lions on how bad they are... not gonna do anyone good. Just say I had a feeling how the night was going to be when the Lions were running the ball well on a drive in the beginning and continued to run until it was stopped. Forcing a long second and a short fieldgoal...I guess a playaction was never even a thought on first down? My imagination or did Jarious not throw a pass more than 12 yards the whole game? Enough said.

Defense played well for most of the game but after a while with the offense inability to move the ball defensive Will is lost! My biggest fear will be if this Will continues and spreads for years to come. Will we be the next Toronto? 3-15 record with 14,000 bums in the seats at BC Place?

Where to begin ? First of all no need to come on and start crapping on the Lions on how bad they are... not gonna do anyone good. Just say I had a feeling how the night was going to be when the Lions were running the ball well on a drive in the beginning and continued to run until it was stopped. Forcing a long second and a short fieldgoal...I guess a playaction was never even a thought on first down? My imagination or did Jarious not throw a pass more than 12 yards the whole game? Enough said.

Defense played well for most of the game but after a while with the offense inability to move the ball defensive Will is lost! My biggest fear will be if this Will continues and spreads for years to come. Will we be the next Toronto? 3-15 record with 14,000 bums in the seats at BC Place?

Every single week, its the same issues. Every single week, nothing is done to address them.
I will always support the Lions, even if we go 1-17 but I really hope that SOMETHING is done to address this. No, cutting Derek Armstrong who had the second most reciving yards for us isn't a step in the right direction unless something else big is cooking that we do'nt know about.

sometimes its just a matter chemistry. gotta keep shaking things up til ya find the right chemistry.

Footballyoubet...lol Longest Yard good one. Honestly wish it was that easy but I think the offensive problems lies deeper than chemistry. Lions are faced with replacing players that are hard to find...Canadian talent! :frowning:

far out. been using this handle for over 10 yrs on various forums, you the first to one post that you get it :thup:

its frustrating for sure but also like saying Hello to an old friend - who can't remember the lean years. nevertheless I feel that all Lion football teams played their hearts out win or loose and after the Denis Ververgaert experience would rather watch a guy with less talent who gave you all he had than a big talent who floats.
In the end play hard and let'em know we were there. Saskatchewan will remember last night. they got a gift touchdown and we screwed up in the red zone as we are getting better at or else . . .

down with calgary. we'll see who's singing after August 27.

yea baby! you clowns totally don't know how to manage a cfl season. the summer is for laying round in the shade while the kids knock themselves out for 2 weeks in first place. take a lesson from the Lions - take it easy then get a bullseye on'em and drag'em down in the cool of the fall. course the way you all are behavin we may have to pick it up a bit earlier than usual.

Time to start playing some good O'l, Lions dominating football!

[/quote]
Exactly!

Last year we lost every QB we had to injury. The 'O' line couldn't protect any of them.

Who's in charge of player development (beating the bushes for talent) ?...ROY SHIVERS.

He's was kicked out of Sask. after a doing a poor job.

He needs to shown the door.

I thought this thread was for complaining about the washrooms :oops:

I brought up Shivers a week or 2 ago - that the Lions went from being a powerhouse with Obillovich's recruits, while it has gone downhill since with his replacement.

Hey new guy. This thread is about the same as 10 other recent ones. Have a quick look at recent topics before posting something new.