List the worst calls by CFL refs this year

Since the CFL refs keep defending their bad calls on the home page here, I figure we fans have the right to put together a list of all the brutal calls which have cost teams the chance to decide the game on the field.
I'm looking for input from you, the CFL fans. We all know how bad the officials have been this year. Perhaps if we put together a comphrensive list and email it to the CFL brass, they'll get some new refs in and actually train them to do their job.
I've got a couple off the top of my head.
Simply copy and paste my two examples into your reply, and then add you brutal calls. By the end of this thread, we should have quite the list.
OK here goes.

Cal at Sask - Roughing the passer call on Benefield, when he playfully tapped the helmet of Burris? Or the brutal whistling down of Joffrey's fumble, which Stancil would have score a major on.
Ott at TO - The game that really hurt Ottawa's chances of getting into a playoff race. Renegades recover fumble, score a major, line up for the point after. Refs get CAUGHT looking at the jumbotron, and reverse the call. They then come up with some BS excuse on this site. Not impressed.

Please add your brutal call.

Win at Ssk: The taking back of Segail's TD, he so totally had that!!! :twisted:

Cal at Sask - Roughing the passer call on Benefield, when he playfully tapped the helmet of Burris? Or the brutal whistling down of Joffrey's fumble, which Stancil would have score a major on.
Ott at TO - The game that really hurt Ottawa's chances of getting into a playoff race. Renegades recover fumble, score a major, line up for the point after. Refs get CAUGHT looking at the jumbotron, and reverse the call. They then come up with some BS excuse on this site. Not impressed.

There was NO proof that the REFS got caught looking at the JUMBO TRON…NONE.

Actually , that was a GREAT call , since they got that call right. It was not a fumble.If the ball was whistled down all that would of happened is that it would have been OTTAWA’s ball. NO OTTAWA , TD.

What was bad was that THE REFS didn’t see how it [the so called fumble] happened and if you must blame some one , blame the jumbo tron person.But they were already talking about the call BEFORE the replay was shown on the TRON.You can’t just say that something happened , when it do not , or at least say it with out any proof of what you are saying.

The ARGOS won that game , because they were the better team that day, period!

In the CALGARY / SASK…they where bad calls against both teams.
The play WAS a fumble after we watched it many times on instant replay.The REFS don’t have that luxary.

I thought that a CALGARY had scored a TD that wasn’t counted.Any they also got a questionible roughing the passer late in the game.

SASK…just blew the lead all on their own.The REFS had nothing to do with the SASK center GIVING bad snaps on punts, causing 1 TD and 1 safty for CALGARY.

In the ARGO/MONTREAL game , 1 of A.C.'s interceptions shouldn’t have counted , but again , we had slow montion replay , to let us know that.

The REFS have to make the call right then and there.If there is a question about a call , they talk about it.

How about a post when the REFS made great calls.NO ONE seems to mention those.

Until we have instant replay , people are going to be angry about the calls.
Bad and good calls are all part of the game.Live with it.

The CFL refs are no worse than NHL REFS , NFL REFS , MLB empires or soccer REFS…ect…

My Brutal Call:

Montreal @ Winnipeg - Cahoon jumps in the air to grab a pass and Wes Lysack totally whacks him while in the air (probably one of the most violent tackle of the year). Cahoon crashes down and the ball falls to the ground. The refs call that a fumble, while Cahoon never even had time to get possession of the ball.

Hellothere, of course there are no threads about good reffing decisions. Because good reffing should be a common thing. What would be the point of starting a thread to say "Whoa. In the BC vs. Winnipeg game, have you seen how the ref totally called the procedure penalty at 2:33 of the second quarter? Great ref."

So are you NOW saying that the REFS are bad?

kinda ironic, isn't it

don't you think..............hey isn't that an ALANIS song?

…worst missed call:

July 15th, Winnipeg at Edmonton, 3rd Quarter and Winnipeg is on a drive that would bring them to within two points (the eskimo offense not having scored a TD all game). On third and 1 Glenn runs the QB sneak and in the ensuing pile up A.J. Gass pulls a shiv on Kev and cuts his Achilles tendon totally in half…KG out for weeks and Gass just laughs as he walks off the field cleaning his blade on his sleeve…like, WTF refs, are you that blind!!!..

On Friday night anyone see that Hamilton DB drill Woodcock about 5 seconds after the pass was ruled incomplete? Woodcock had already stopped running and totally let up. It likely put him out for the year. NO PENALTY, nothing. Absolultey unbelievable but not surprising.

.......worst wrong call:

October 1st, Sask at BC, 2nd and 4 and BC on the Sask 33 yardline when Thelwell bolts past the LOS and is about four yards into the Sask backfield when the ball is snapped. Flags fly but Pierce hits Thel for a 22 yard gain. With the sask D waving their arms in the general direction of the Lions, Head Ref Winston Crawford looks at Buono who motions with a raised thumb towards the BC LIons Private box on level 3 where a discernable David Braley is waving a no-no finger gesture. Call is made "Offside Saskatchewan" and tagged to Benefield's number (who strangely enough is not even playing)......the refs have a good laugh while Barrett has to leave the arena to change his track pants.....

Stegall Kanga STEGALL!

I don't know if any dumb reffing mistake has topped last years worst reffing call. The play where Calgary kicked the ball and an onside player recovered for a touchdown to win the game. That was the play of the year wrongly called back.

This year there has been lots in every game called against every team. Yes I know refs are human and mistakes but it is not this bad in any other professional league.

Keep it coming.
And Hello there, feel free to start your own thread about refs. But if you’re going to post here, stay on point. We’re trying to isolate what we think are some of the worst calls by CFL officials to pass onto the CFL brass.
I plan to put together a list to email to the CFL. I know nothing will happen, but they must know some fans are fed up with the brutal calls.
I don’t care if they go both ways. A bad call takes away from the enjoyment of a game.
Thanks to all who have submitted their suggestion. I’ll give this thread until Friday before I put my list together.

Yeah roughyfan, that was an absolute worst. Last year's bad call against Calgary is the wrong call of the decade. When you talk about refs deciding the issue of the game, that's a perfect example.

And you are right also about the number of bad calls. When Calgary visited the Als in July, Burris was about five yards past the line of scrimmage when he threw his first TD pass. Minutes later, Calvillo almost ran the whole ten yards before he dumped a small pass to a receiver. We were kinda flabbergasted that no one would ever get called for that. We even wondered for a second if the rule was still in the book.

Sorry, but you know what I'm talking about right?

…what about that Toronto @ BC game on July 15th where Carl Kidd played the last four minutes of the game without his pants and jock strap on?..Said he had “some greviances to air out”…the refs didn’t call anything, isn’t that a blatant uniform violation?..I know the game wasn’t televised so y’all might have missed that one…

Actually, from where I was sitting, which was about 15 yards directly behind the ref with the best view, there was no question about the fumble even before they showed the replay once! Not only had he lost control and started to fumble before his knee was down, the ball was on the ground and practically in Stancil's hands before he was down. It wasn't a questionable fumble, it was a blown call by someone who wasn't doing his job, which is to pay attention. If I was as half-assed as the refs yesterday at my work I would be fired. I guess we can just add this inevitable "formal appology" from the refs to the book we are making this season.

Go Riders!!

.....not according to Mr. Black himself. I mentioned in another thread that some of the hardcores on Riderfans.com were planning on taking their complaints up a level.....well apparently they did just that.....a few of them have written emails complaining, and Mr. Black has responded.....here's a segment I've pirated from that website.....won't even try to take the credit myself, since I don't even post on that site.....

"about the supposed fumble by Reynolds - it was not a fumble.
His forward progress was halted, he was being driven back and the ball came out.
He was correctly ruled dead at the point of his forward progress."

Is that from the ask the ref part of this site?
I love how the refs come on here and defend their brutal calls. That's why I want a list of all the worst calls to send to the CFL brass.
That was a fumble, no doubt about it.

I agree it was a fumble.. but that's definitely an interesting argument to defend it, not something I would have ever thought of that's for sure.. I guess that's why Mr. Black makes the Big Bucks. I wasn't even aware that was a rule, that in order to fumble you had to fumble at the farthest point of your foward motion? Weird.