Lirim Hajrullahu signs with Los Angeles Rams

... Per Justin Dunk (April 13, 2020)

1 Like

An NFL team that was desperate for a kicker. Good landing spot for Lirim to get a fair look.

3 Year conract!! :eyes: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

congrats ! and for some unknown reason argos let him go 2 yr ago

More:

^What is the Canadian all star game? Must have been cancelled by Corona. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That'll take the sting, which young people feel when they turn 30, out it on his birthday, next week. Always happy for a CFLer getting a big league opportunity and particularly when the player is a Canadian.

1 Like

And you call yourself a CFL fan. Last years game - it goes without saying - was an incredible display... so hard to describe... so exciting throughout that the mind couldn't take in mere details, leaving us today with the keen feeling of missing something from our lives.

I changed the channel when they started to interview the half-time entertainment in the play-by-play booth during the third quarter...

1 Like

And i flipped the channel when i heard Rod Black's voice

But he's Canada's ALLSTAR announcer!

Lirim has improved from his Winnipeg and Toronto days. One point that is undisputable, he isn't as consistent as Justin Medlock. With thousands of kickers available in the US, I don't see his sticking with the Rams. Just a training camp leg.

The kicker position (they do have a punter) is open, with the Rams, and Lirim is one of two candidates they have. Both were announced, as signed, on the same day:

I think Lirim has an excellent shot. Rams coaches said they are looking for a kicker strong 40-49 yards. Lirim is great from that range.

Rams also inked Austin MacGinnis who was 10 for 10 in the XFL this past season.

Similar to the Calgary Mayor announcing no public events until at least through June that really forced the hand of the CFL to announce no training camps until then......I wonder how the Los Angeles Mayor announcing no public events until likely 2021 will effect NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, etc. Of all the times for Hajrullahu get get his chance🤞

I recall another TiCat punter signing with the Rams . Ken Clark was the second pick in the first round of the 1974 CFL Draft (20th overall) . He was the MVP of the 1973 Vanier Cup, played in the Super Bowl and punted for the Cats, Ottawa, the Riders, and the Argos over a 13 year CFL career.

Pat Lynch (the old person)
[/quote]

Now Ken Clark ... HE was Good One. (and we've certainly had our share)

I'm surprised that nobody questioned my statement . :upside_down_face:

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

Yeah ... I guess I was thinking Clark Kent? :grinning: No way I would ever challenge you on your knowledge of CFL drafts, Pat!