Lions vs who in the Final?

Any preferences who you would like to see the Lions face in the Western Final on November 20th?

I'm partial to seeing Edmonton come to town. The Lions have got their number. It would not be given but I would like the Lions chances more. Even though the Lions took the series against Calgary I'm a little nervous about Calgary especially with what Tate their QB has been doing. I think the Lions could take it to Calgary but it will be more difficult. It won't be easy against Edmonton but like I say, I'll be more nervous if I see Calgary roll into town.

• Special note to Vanhalen~

I guess I won't have to switch over to Coke after all since the Lions took it to the Als on Saturday night. :thup:

Hard to say..Edmonton can be just as scary having Ray as QB. When he's on his game look out. Either opponent will be difficult.
We just hope that while the Lions are resting and healing, That Calgary and Edmonton will beat the cr@p out of each.

Calgary is the better team and I expect them to win, but honestly I doesn't matter. BC has proven they can beat either. The Lions just need to focus on themselves. If they play like they've shown the last couple weeks, and for most of the 2nd half of the season, they'll win against anybody. I'm confident in saying that.

lol oh well i'd rather be in first place. Go Lions!

I think we play Edmonton, Calgary's QB situation is too questionable I think for them to advance. Although Tate has had good games, playoffs are different, but I guess Burris could still be available or is he injured? If Burris can play he can get on a roll but I think the Lions should be in the Grey Cup this year and win it at home again. Which would be just awesome!

I agree about the playoff situation. It will be interesting to see how Tate handles himself in a playoff situation if he starts.. Burris is good to go. They put him in on a couple of short yardage situations against Winnipeg. I think they went with Tate because Burris just wasn't producing. I wonder if Hufnagel will go with experience as in Burris. Maybe he will start Tate and see how he plays and then go back to Burris.

Calgary will beat Edmonton. Burris is finished in CGY, Huffnagel was not thrilled to use Burris even in short yardage situations because he feels that Burris is very sloppy.

Tate despite only having played a few years is YEARS ahead of Burris, Burris cannot throw an out route or a timing route at this point in his career--

Trust Me Beagle, Burris will only play if TATE gets hurt, Burris is not the type of QB that HUFFNAGEL can work with, Burris has no brains at all, he might be one of the most uneducated QBs about reading defenses.

Tate is the opposite, very cerebral, very quick decisions, just not as strong an arm as BURRIS but a million times more accurate than the wild Burris--

Burris was done in the CFL after the INT to Byron Parker, I called it, I posted it on the Stamps Forum saying he was done and I was correct. You simply cannot make a throw like that, where you start running out of the pocket like a chicken with its head cut off and then basically start crying and throw the ball to Byron Parker and say HERE you go BYRON score an easy TD on us--
Plays like that make the team question the QB and demand for his benching and the coaches said BURRIS you are DONE, even grade 9 qbs dont do things that BURRIS has done this season--

Lions should prepare for TATE< there is no way the wild Burris gets back in there especially since he is a career playoff choker-

Ditto!

geroy_simon_081 wrote: Calgary is the better team and I expect them to win, but honestly I doesn't matter. BC has proven they can beat either. The Lions just need to focus on themselves. If they play like they've shown the last couple weeks, and for most of the 2nd half of the season, they'll win against anybody. I'm confident in saying that.
Unfortunately yes, the Lions more than likely have all the tools to win the Cup this year. (i'm a Cat fan) :wink: The finest balanced team in the league sprinkled with experienced veterans and talented youth.

The Cup is theirs if the focus and discipline are present for 60 min. of football, although I'm still hoping the Cats can pull a rabbit out of it's hat and meet you guys in the final. (no cracks please, I'm sensitive :wink: )

I think it would be huge for this team for 54,000 people to be walking out after winning a championship from BC place. That would be so huge for this team. I'd totally head downtown for that.

To answer the question, I would prefer to see Calgary because I've already seen Edmonton twice at BC Place this year and it would get boring to see them again. I'd like to see the new-look Stampeders, see what this Tate guy is all about.

Get boring in the West Final? Not likely. I know the initial thought your havin and it pops up in my mind ever now and again, but in the end once you sit down and witness the game on the field it won't matter whose playing as long as its a good game and the Lions head to the Grey Cup at Home.

It will be a good final either way. We all have the same records.

I should've bet on this game lol