Lions vs Bombers

The Bombers will be tops in the East this year, or that I am certain. However, as RLR stated, if the Bombers lose Glenn, they are hooped. They do have a great defense, but without Glenn, their offense is simply not that good. Glenn really is the pivot on which the Bomber offense turns.

I think it will be silence in BC this weekend.

your right niel, i checked back and there wasnt anyone else...

i apologize BC fans, and take my comments back

Too bad the game’s in Winnipeg, Einstein

and THAT is why it will be silence in BC…lol

I don't mind Winnipeg or their fans too much, but to say they are the best team in the CFL is a joke. You tell me where the Bombers would be with Dinwiddie starting half their games? They'd be in the basement. Lions have a better record and are defending GC Champs. Bombers are a good team no doubt but they haven't won anything yet, or for a while.
It is not a “joke? for someone to say that they think the Bombers are the best team in the league at the moment; it is an opinion and one that has some validity. Their record is not substantially different than the Lions, and in the only game between the two teams this year, the Bombers won - and in Vancouver to boot. Is it my opinion that the Bombers are currently the best team in the league? They may be after tomorrow night, but at the moment - no. That is an opinion and not a joke.

To think that the Lions performance last year has any bearing on what they do this year, is incredibly obtuse. No one has successfully repeated as Champions since the Argos did it some ten years ago, and in ’05 Edmonton won it all and failed to make the playoffs the very next year. Winning one year does not seem to be a very good predictor of winning in the following year so you may as well consign that line of thinking in the crapper where it belongs.

hwgill: To attempt to evaluate how a team would do if they lost certain players is an exercise that evaluates team depth. It has no bearing on how good they are, or their ability to win at the moment since those players are, in fact, available.

Tank: That was pretty funny.

The Lions are first in the CFL, they are the best team in the CFL, have endured the most significant injuries in the CFL, and are the hottest team in the CFL at the moment.

Therefore, I'd have to say the Lions are the best team in the CFL. Yes, that could change tomorrow night. I can't wait for the game.

I would disagree with this statement. The Lions, based on their depth at QB are quite capable of surviving injuries to both Dickinson and Pearce. The idea of most significant should refer to injuries that will impact a team the most.

Therefore an injury to Burris would be far more significant for Calgary than an injury to BC’s two quarterbacks because Jackson is simply that much better than Akili Smith. Also, Buono has devised a system where regardless of the QB, it is possible to succeed.

Losing someone like Joe Smith or Jason Clermont would have a significantly greater impact. Even losing a solid punter/kicker could impact BC in a greater fashion than losing their top two QB’s.

Saskatchewan losing Davis, with the turnover in their secondary and the youth back there has proven to be a far more significant injury than BC losing their QB’s.

Same with Calgary losing Burris.
Same with Hamilton losing Lumsden.
Or Montreal losing Calvillo.

I am not saying the injuries did not matter, just that to say they are the team with the most significant injuries is inaccurate.

And yet, after all that, I would agree that at this time, BC is the best team in the league.

I can't believe I'm missing the game tomorrow, first one in a longggggg while. I'll be at the Canucks home opener. Hoping for both the Vancouver-based teams to win tomorrow!

RLR your RICH
Canuckleheads will loose Have fun at a 2-1 exciting game I guess you couldnt go to the other 999 games in the next 10 or 11 months didnt they just finish
Bombers by 5
Hockey blows

Ok…

He does have a point, Roar...
She's heating up in the CFL...
Your loss..

I'm a fan of both teams, the Lions and Canucks. Lions game is on the road, free tickets to the Canucks home opener. Easy decision. I'll tape the Lions game.

By the way, Canucks don't often lose 2-1 games. They had the most 1 goal wins in the NHL last year.

I would go to a Lions game over a Canucks game, but it'd be tough if I lived in Edmonton and had to choose between an Oilers game.

Enjoy watching paint dry RLR... I mean watching the Canucks play the trap.

And of course the Lions Bombers game is going to end up as one of the best of the year :wink:

The Oilers are bad, period. They play exciting, losing hockey. Canucks play a defensive style just like most other teams in the league. It got them a division championship last season, and could do the same for them this year. I don't really care how they win to be honest.

I trust the Lions will win without me watching live. I'll tape it and hopefully have a smile on my face after I watch it.

Well... since you found something free, on the West Coast...It's OK...go then..

The only way this will affect the forum is that I'll just be on later to trash talk rather than right after the game.

Your patience will certainly be tested tomorrow night.

RLR did you see that thing on Global about how expensive the canucks are and the fact that the prices should have been going down the last few years as the US dollar is going down. there the 3rd or 4th most expensive nhl team to watch 4 tickets 2 beers 2 pops 2 hats 378 or 374 canadian the nhl average is 278 canadian 100 more than the average Colorado is the average and they asked some canuck guy about it he didnt have much to say. It will probably be on at 11 you should watch it

wtf?

A run-on sentence at its finest