Lions should be competitive but Edmonton & Montreal will...

BE THE TEAMS TO BEAT. LOOKS LIKE WALLY AND STAFF HAVE DONE ANOTHER GOOD JOB OF RECRUITING. HOW GOOD WE WILL NOT KNOW FOR SOME TIME YET. THEY SHOULD BE COMPETITIVE ONCE AGAIN THIS YEAR. BUT MONTREAL AND EDMONTON LOOK LIKE THE TEAMS TO BEAT FOR THIS YEAR. CALGARY WILL PROBABLY END UP WITH A GREY CUP HANG OVER LIKE MOST TEAMS WHO HAVE WON THE PREVIOUS YEAR. HOWEVER, DEPENDING ON HOW THE LIONS DEVELOP AS A TEAM OVER THE YEAR, THEY COULD BE A LONG SHOT TO WIN IT ALL IN 2009. BUT THAT'S WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT THE LIONS BACK IN 1994 AND 2000 WAS IT NOT? WATCH FOR THE LIONS TO BE THE DARK HORSE WHO JUST MAY COME OUT TO SEE THE DAYLIGHT BY THE END OF THE SEASON.

I see us battling Saskatchewan for third place. If we get a home playoff game this year, I will be plesantly surprised!. We are in a re-building year. Lots of holes to fill. It will take most of the year for the new players to be able to work together (as they get used to each other). I see 2010 a better year than 2009.

Having been a Lions fan for 35 years I am quite comfortable with the underdog role this season. There are some huge holes to fill — namely the loss of Cam Wake and Tyrone Williams on the defensive line. The o-line also has question marks and we will see if it still plays withe same nasty edge without Rob Murphy.

If the Lions are going to challenge for first place, Buck Pierce MUST take the next step in his career to close the gap between himself and Burris and Ray. We also need another import receiver to emerge and take some of the pressure of Geroy. I expect to see Logan back here by September but hopefully another RB will shine before then.

Can't wait for the season. :rockin:

sportsman...you and I have had similar thoughts over the years.... but I thin Wally is right.. we need some young and hungry players. Buck has only been with the team a few years and look what he has done. Paris is coming of age. I think Grice-Mullen is a keeper... so is Zac Champion. We have the foundations of a very good team and maybe a "dark horse". This year I believe the Stamps will be too in love with themselves and distruct.... We may not get the cup this year but wait until 2011... when it is in the "new dome". So what will we call it .. it won't be the mushroom anymore.

Yeah, if Grice Mullen continues to develop that will be a big help. Pierce needs to stay healthy. Our young Offensive line may be a concern though for keeping Pierce healthy. But, Vali got some work last year, and if him and Plante can develop more we may be okay there.