lions season tickets down from last year

Skulsky was just on the Bill Good Show for the past hour. He said when they are finished their season ticket campaign, they will be sitting around 17,000 to 18,000 season tickets sold. The goal is to sellout Empire for all 9 games.
Wasn't the season ticket base around 23,000 or 24,000 a couple of years ago? I think that number took a huge hit after the 2008 season with the departure of some popular players — never mind the passing of Bob Ackles.

(we were at this time last year 21,000)

i CAN NOT SEE THE LIONS SELLING OUT EVERY GAME UNLESS THEY ARE ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE .

i SAY THEY WILL HIT AROUND THE 25,000 MARK AS A AVERAGE ATTENDACE, I AM REALY DISSAPOINTED IN THE RESPONSE
OF SEASON TICKETS.

GOES TO SHOW WHEN YOU START LOSING PLAYERS LIKE MALLET, EVERY YEAR TO THE NFL PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO COME OUT. WHAT IS HAPPING IS EVERYTIME WE GET A SUPERSTAR , LIKE LOGAN, MALLET,THEY ARE GONE , SO WE SHOULD NOT EVEN TAKE THEM ON THE TEAM JUST GETS THE HOPES UP HOW GOOD THEY ARE AND THAT IS IT.HISTORY.

LOL ! Yeah and the league wants more Import starters which will cause even more transit of players... What the league needs to do is negotiate with the players and move this 1+1 to a 2+1 as well get ride of this option window.

I am a bit surprised I figured people in BC would be thrilled to watch football outdoors. I was even thinking of trekking out from Toronto to catch a game.

At BC Place, 7/11 bought a block of endzone seats for their special promotions, and these seats were always included in the "season ticket sales" figures. So that can account for a 3,000-5,000 drop in season ticket numbers this season as I don't believe they have a discounted section in the temporary stadium.

And they also had to raise single ticket prices $5.00 because of how small empire is , also parking is realy expensive to park anywere in the PNE grounds is $30,00 , they are trying to encourage people to take transite.

I am a bit surprised I figured people in BC would be thrilled to watch football outdoors. I was even thinking of trekking out from Toronto to catch a game.

Still come out, it will be the thing to do on a hot summer night.

dupsdell, if you are going to lift nearly an entire post from Lionbackers.com, you really should attribute the source.

:roll:

It's mixed, ugo. In the interview, Skulsky mentioned that some people have said, "call me next year when you're back at BC Place" while others (like me) have really embraced the chance to rekindle fond memories of going to Empire to watch games when I was a kid. But I was a season ticket holder anyway. Fact is, it may be tough to get new fans committed to every game in a temp stadium. While I think the experience will be fantastic when completed, there are a lot of coddled West Coasters that have been spoiled and want it all:

• a comfortable environment (people fear post-September bad weather)
  • all the amenities (Empire will have port-a-potties, and there are few eateries/pubs in the area)
  • accessibility (Empire is not conveniently set up on the Skytrain line)

If the team get off to a decent start, I can see the stadium selling out through Labour Day. Hopefully the club will be in the thick of the playoff race so the importance of the games in October and November supercede any inclement weather.

I guess Van City is a lot like TO. I too remember and miss Argo games at the EX when I was a kid. Great times.

...fixed it for ya...

:lol:

Great marketing idea. Nobody ever markets sport events to trannies.

redandwhite and his love for trannies.... :roll:

...hater...

Last year was bad year attendance wise for many reasons:

1. People weresaving money for olympic tickets and events.
  2. Corportate support was down with the economic situation.
  3. The team played terrible.

Unless you lived in Vancouver... you don't realize the huge affect the Olympics had on everything in the city.

That being said, they hit around 26,000-28,000 per game last year... Empire has 27,500 seats. And, again, unless you're in Vancouver you don't realize how much hype there is around this season because of the outdoor stadium - the Lions are the hottest ticket in town. Add to that Casey Printers (who SELLS tickets in this city) They will sell out... there's no question with the amount of hype there is... especially if they win some games.

There are the stuck-up spoiled types that want BC Place or nothing... but they've been replaced by the people who miss Empire and hate BC Place... the older generation that's coming and bringing younger generations with them to experience it all.

PS- I tend to not trust any of what Dupsdell says because he/she is ALWAYS speculating about ticket numbers and is almost ALWAYS wrong when and if real numbers come out. I say if because the Lions almost never actually realease exact season ticket numbers. Acts like "the authority" and the "inside" but it's pure conjecture. Who said we had 21,000 season tickets in Vancouver last year this time? It wasn't close to that on opening night, it was much lower.

I am not taking a guess what the season tickets are at right know, i heard it on cknw by the lions new president, he was asked by Bill Good what they were and he told them, we are down from about 3000 from last year and he said we are sitting at 18,000 , and yes there is much better hype this year, but we should be at the 23,000 right know not 18,000 , i think we are down because the lions did raise ticket prices $5.00 , a lot of people will not travel in vancouver unless there is a skytrain they can go to, buses are going to be packed ,and parking is $30.00 . know if the lions do sell out every game (and only if they win they will) that will be a hudge lift going into bc place the follwing year, but if the lions suck like last year it does not matter were they will play people will not show up.

Oh yeah last year for opening night we had 28,000 and did hit the 21,000 mark in season tickets.

No I actually think their playing for the Lions. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: