LIONS SAY BRUCE'S STATUS NOT AFFECTED BY POLICE INCIDENT

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=380429

LIONS SAY BRUCE'S STATUS NOT AFFECTED BY POLICE INCIDENT
THE CANADIAN PRESS
11/14/2011 1:58:25 PM
SURREY, B.C. -- An apparent parking infraction involving B.C. Lions slotback Arland Bruce III triggered a brief club statement and not much else Monday.

"There was an incident," head coach/GM Wally Buono told reporters Monday. "We were made aware of it. Hopefully it's not any more than maybe a small irritant.

"At the end of it, it doesn't affect Arland's position on the football club. We are just going to move forward."

Const. Lindsey Houghton, a Vancouver police spokesman, said privacy issues prevent police from releasing any further information.

It's unlikely there will be any further investigation into the matter or that charges will be laid, Houghton said.

The Lions players had the day off in the buildup to Sunday's West final against the Edmonton Eskimos.

Not a fan of the police

I thought they had a couple of good songs

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=380429

LIONS' BRUCE DOESN'T WANT INCIDENT TO BECOME A DISTRACTION

THE CANADIAN PRESS
11/14/2011 4:32:21 PM
SURREY, B.C. -- B.C. Lions slotback Arland Bruce addressed his teammates Tuesday, saying he doesn't want to become a distraction.

Bruce was involved in an incident with police Sunday morning stemming from a parking infraction.

"I've talked with my team," Bruce said after the Lions' practice. "We moved forward.

"I addressed the team man-to-man and said I'm looking to help this team win. I'm back at practice and looking forward."

The Lions play the Edmonton Eskimos in the CFL West Final Sunday. The winner advances to the Nov. 27 Grey Cup game in Vancouver.

Bruce didn't want to talk about what happened during the incident.

A Vancouver police spokesman said it's unlikely there will be any further investigation into the incident or that any charges will be laid.

One thing Bruce didn't do is apologize for what happened.

"I don't think there was a need for an apology," he said.

"I addressed the team as a man because if it was a distraction to anybody I wanted to . . . let them know I'm not being selfish and let's move forward."

Wally Buono, the Lions coach and general manager, was satisfied with what Bruce said.

"It shows he has the courage to face his peers," said Buono. "At this time of the year you want to minimize the distractions.

"There is a lot at stake for everybody."

Bruce joined the Lions in August in a trade from the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. The 34-year-old Kansas City native had 58 catches for 859 yards and eight touchdowns.

Glad to hear this. Bruce is too valuable a player to be side-lined at this juncture. Now, if this had happened in Hamilton I bet Hamilton's finest would have thrown poor Bruce into the slammer until at least after the Grey Cup.......just in case! lol

if what had happened?