Lions release O'Neill

Bombers better pick him up immediately! Can help both punting and place-kicking…

I know they have DeAngelis starting today but historically his KO depth isn't a big upgrade over Palardy. When you take into account his last few years in the CFL is FG kicking isn't a significant upgrade either. I would not be opposed to seeing O'Neill here to compete with Palardy as I think he's probably got more upside than DeAngelis.

O'Neill turned down a contract extension recently and Buono wasn't impressed according to the media out here. Was going to be the Lions kicker on a full-time basis whenever McCallum finally quits but I guess he didn't want to wait any longer. He'll be a great addition to the Bombers should they scoop him up and he'll save a roster spot as well.

.....If there's a sasquatch sighting around the Peg....don't be too concerned it's probably.....NO...sorry, I just can't go there.... :lol: ..I wouldn't be opposed to us bringing him in...We're wide open in a lot of departments....Give him a shot... He looked pretty good for the most part playing for the leos...The ol rule says...competition is a good thing... :wink:

They were shooting new episodes of Duck Dynasty and needed him back on the set! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

signed or will sign with Eskies.

........Apparently, just trudged out of the woods heading for Edmonton, where he has signed.....Dang, I was looking forward to seeing him in the Peg and giving him the handle 'big-foot'...I guess Renaud is safe for now,,, :roll:

Sticking with the status quo.......maybe Mack is still in charge after all.

Way to make assumptions.

Wish O'Neill chose to come here instead of his home town Edmonton, but at least the Bombers picked up McKnight today as Renaud needs to go.