Lions release Armstrong

It was already made clear that he wasn’t causing a disturbance. Wally said it was 100% a football decision. Which is why I think he really blew it on this one. No good will come from this. If you are cutting somebody to motivate the team ,cut somebody who is the second top reciever on the team! :x

I thought Armstrong was a great addition and was my favourite reciever. Not too happy about this for sure. Another team will pick him up.

Derek Armstrong is a hockey player. Derick Armstrong has had four catches for 45 yards in the last two games, and has no TDs this season. He hasn’t scared anybody, which is probably why he was released.

Whoops! I still think he has been one of their better receivers on offense, 22 catches for 316 yards are decent numbers on a team that’s struggled with QB consistency. He has no touchdowns yet this year though. I mean Geroy only has 402 yards, and if you take away that 1 game against Saskatchewan where he caught that 85 yarder in garbage time he’d be in pretty much the exact same situation.

Saying Armstrong doesn't have a TD is a bit misleading considering BC's three QBs have only thrown a total of 3 TDs. That offence as a whole is struggling. I agree with others. This move is a bit of a head scratcher. Cutting a vet and replacing him with a rookie. How is that going to help?

From Wally

I don't believe Darius Passmore is just as good as Derick Armstrong at this point.
Ummmm...

Ok I know there needs to be some rebuilding but to knowingly downgrade where there is no real need to rebuild really hurts my head.

Screw this, I’m going to bed. This stupidity is hurting me.

If not about talent then it could be all about money and readjusting the payroll to make moves elsewhere. Who knows for sure.

Yeah, they could be looking to rebuild from scratch. Dump some salary, and draft young players, and go after better FAs.