Lions QB situation for 2023

You might see that shunned and former sask rider QB in a west coast CFL uniform shortly

1 Like

1 Like

Well i hope the lions can develop O'Connor so we can have more canadian in the starting line up, can someone point out why the lions dont seem to care about developing Oconner

1 Like

because he is already at his ceiling, which is a 2nd stringer.

1 Like
2 Likes

I still think the Lions will be in the running with Vernon Adams and am happy for him to get this chance. VA has Eastern Washington and Oregon roots so that bodes well for fan engagement.

Also think Antonio Pipkin is a good #2 and don't see QB as an area of weakness for the team. VA is a leader as well and it will show.

1 Like

I believe Pipkin is a free agent so we shall see what happens there.

1 Like
2 Likes

I think VA will be better with a playbook designed for VA.

Having time to set one up and probably for VA to be part of the process will benefit BC this season.

2 Likes

i am hoping they will develop another young QB for the future, possibly in the third string or practice roster (with a chance to move up).

2 Likes
3 Likes

Not sure why they gave up on him

he played very well when put in and then he got injured …

then nothing …

he earned the second spot on the roster .

He should be the next man up and see where it goes …

The only thing I can think of is Rourke was very mobile and VA runs around too

and the offensive line can have an off day and they are still competitive with a mobile QB

but that’s on the Lions GM to get proper protection for the QB to execute the plays .

Because they want to win.

Yep. Just like the one Montreal catered to him.

1 Like

I find Adams is a home run hitter. He tries to get a touchdown on every throw. You have to take what the defence gives you, otherwise you end up forcing the ball.

Every QB utilizes the play book and most importantly the play given him on each and every play by the O coordinator. If you think any QB calls the plays in the huddle of his own accord on every down, like back yard football you have not an iota of a clue about how professional football is played

1 Like

Adams having more experience and a full training camp will help him be more comfortable with his reads.

1 Like

…and again to be able to design a playbook to play to his strengths and tendencies (prefers to roll out left or right) and preferred scramble rules will be a huge help.

Training camp and more time to get familiar with his receivers will also help. He has an outstanding crew of receivers already. It will be interesting to see who they replace Burnham with though.

2 Likes

pretty sure it will be Hatcher. he filled in well when Burnham was hurt and he also had over 1000 yds last season.

2 Likes

Lions have a couple of young guys under contract already in Josh Pearson and Alex Hollins. Both played well in limited exposure. Pearson is 6’4".

Depending what happens with Eugene Lewis, Jake Weineke may move on. I could see him wanting to play with Vernon Adams although it will take more than that for him to become a Lion

1 Like