Hey, just to come clean, I’m a Rider fan living in BC. The Lions so far this season are the real deal. Sound on all sides of the ball. Only problem is, your customer won’t come to you and support you. So you need to move to your customer.
Lower mainlanders are not big football fans due to many reasons. Demographics is the biggest issue in my opinion. Ethnic diversity is dense in GRVD and let’s face it, football is not a choice for many of them. It’s time for the Lions to GO to their customer.
- 30,000 seat open air stadium in the heart of the Okanagan valley.
- summer nights sipping BC wines and craft beers while watching the BC Lions (cause we are still in BC) entertain the 10’s of thousands transplanted prairie folks and hard core Lion’s fans who live there.
- a days drive for Eskimo and Stamp fans to join the tailgating and fun.
- a half million people in a two hour drive from Kelowna to support the Lions.
- a multi use stadium that supports the terrific legacy of the Okanagan Sun as well
- fantastic climate that supports outdoor sports.
All I need to to is win the Lotto MAX, buy the Lions, convince the province and the city of Kelowna to construct a 30,000 seat stadium and the Lions will have an outstanding future.
Oh, and if you’re a billionaire reading this, I’ll take just 5 percent in royalties for the idea and y’er welcome!