LIONS Midseason REPORT CARD-

Positives-- Marc Washington- A good hire as obviously the defense is playing at a high level all season long- A good hire by a defensive minded Head Coach-

Eliminean and Bighill are the 2 dominant players on defense--

Parks and YELL are solid in their roles as well-

Improvements- Coaching staff needs to be better--
- Khari JONES- He cant cut it at this level as a offensive coordinator-

Sean Gore and Iannuzi are not getting better- They may have peaked and are just not good enough to be playing CFL footballl now-- They present little to no threat to the opposing defense-
Kito Pablo is basically another player who shouldnt be on the field-

Mike Benevides- A great coordinator but not a great head coach- He is too defensive- Does not gameplan halftime adjustments-- He doesent go for it on 3rd and 1 routinely when the team clearly needs to keep possession of the football and sustain drives--

Offensive Line- Is this area ever going to be addressed? It hasnt and LIons will not be better until it is addressed--

Defensive Line- I see a lot of guys just not trying hard enough- This ALEX BAZIE guy is very overrated- He plays good 1 game and dissappears vs any of the west teams-- I havent heard his name vs a west team yet-
Khreem Smith and Khalif Mitchell need to be replaced-

I also find that guys like Andrew Harris and other canadians Ianuzzi are known to have second jobs and careers- In some cases players have 2 additional jobs- I think this shows in their performance- If you look at our canadian players they look like they dont train very hard or work out that much- THey simply look one step slower than the competition-
I understand their is life after football but I think due to high cost of living here players who have other jobs are probaby not taking their CFL job as serious as they could take it-

Kevin GLENN is not the QB for our team- We need a big mobile strong athletic QB to play behind our POROUR O LINE-- Glenn has no time and is not willing to take the hits--

Letting go of NIK MOORE was a bad move- They should have paid him--

Arcenaux also is not worth his contract- he is too one dimensiional-- IF he is not going deep he is not catching the ball-- I much prefer this new guy BRIAN BURNHAM- he will be the LIONS best receiver--

Lions are weak in both lines- Our Canadians are very suspect- We have lack of depth in receiving now-

Perhaps the biggest mistake was protecting LULAY and trading away MIKE REILLY--

Even though LULAY won the GREY CUP, it was clear to any football pundit that MIKE REILLY was the better QB--

REILLY is much bigger and physically stronger than LULAY-
REILY has a much stronger arm-
REILLY is a better scrambler than LULAY-
REILLY throws with anticipation and more touch
REILLY is more accurate than LULAY-
REILLY understands coverage more

Look now and in the future- REILLY has shown he is durable, a leader, a great arm-

I think LIONS first mistake was protecting the wrong guy- The year the LIONS won the GREY CUP was a fluke- Teams that start off 1-6 just do not win the GREY CUP unless its a fluke- That year was the worst competition the CFL had seen in years- THey played a WINNIPEG teams with BUCK PIERCE at QB? Winnipeg had struggled bigtime down the stretch that year-

They keep REILLY they are good for the next 5-6 years-- Now LULAY is pretty much finished but what is more concerning is that LULAY still plays like a roookie and makes rookie mistakes_ he cant read coverage- He cant throw early on-

He peaked also-- REILLY is still improving-

"Positives-- Marc Washington- A good hire as obviously the defense is playing at a high level all season long- A good hire by a defensive minded Head Coach… by Gridiron :thup:

Eliminean and Bighill are the 2 dominant players on defense…by Gridiron :thup:

Parks and YELL are solid in their roles as well… by Gridiron :thup:

Improvements- Coaching staff needs to be better. Khari JONES- He cant cut it at this level as a offensive coordinator-…by Gridiron

I don't know enough about the guy other than he played QB. :?

Sean Gore and Iannuzi are not getting better- They may have peaked and are just not good enough to be playing CFL footballl now-- They present little to no threat to the opposing defense… by Gridirion

Iannuzi still has something to contribute. Punt returns, receiving.
Gore makes some pretty good plays but also has blown some good opportunities. Not sure about this guy's chances of coming back.

Mike Benevides- A great coordinator but not a great head coach- He is too defensive- Does not gameplan halftime adjustments-- He doesent go for it on 3rd and 1 routinely when the team clearly needs to keep possession of the football and sustain drives.. by Gridiron

I think it has more to do with poor execution than poor decision making. Get players that consistently execute well and Benevides might look like a genius.

Offensive Line- Is this area ever going to be addressed? It hasnt and LIons will not be better until it is addressed… by Gridiron :thup:

Defensive Line- I see a lot of guys just not trying hard enough- This ALEX BAZIE guy is very overrated- He plays good 1 game and dissappears vs any of the west teams-- I havent heard his name vs a west team yet… by Gridiron

Actually I think Bazie is very good and has added a lot to the D.

I also find that guys like Andrew Harris and other canadians Ianuzzi are known to have second jobs and careers- In some cases players have 2 additional jobs- I think this shows in their performance- If you look at our canadian players they look like they dont train very hard or work out that much- THey simply look one step slower than the competition-… by Gridiron :thdn:

I don't agree at all! Harris has been the work horse for the Lions running game. This guy just won't quit. Sometimes he gets completely shut down but that has more to do with a lousy O-line that cannot create the holes than with Harris. Unfortunately, we've lost Harris for the rest of the regular season. :frowning:

I understand there is life after football but I think due to high cost of living here players who have other jobs are probaby not taking their CFL job as serious as they could take it…. by Gridiron

Are you meaning they work at something else during the CFL football season? I don't know about that. With travel, practices, team meetings etc. where would they have the time? Also many live out of province. If you mean they have another job to go to after the season is over, many do. That's okay. Some are lawyers, some are school teachers. I remember years ago one Lions player worked for a local department store [Woodwards] during the off season. I can't see choosing to go back to a regular job interfering with a player's on-field play nor keeping him out of shape.

Kevin GLENN is not the QB for our team- We need a big mobile strong athletic QB to play behind our POROUR O LINE-- Glenn has no time and is not willing to take the hits…by Gridiron

I think Glenn can get the job done if the O Line improves. Having a strong mobile athletic QB just means having a guy who is proficient at scrambling in hopes of saving his own life. I think we could have Houdini play QB for the Lions and it wouldn't help much.

Letting go of NIK MOORE was a bad move… by Gridiron :thup:

I agree! He's doing a lot of damage for Winnipeg. Not sure why the Lions let him go.

Arcenaux also is not worth his contract… by Gridiron :thdn:

Sorry I cannot agree. I think this guy is sensational and the go to receiver.

Agree with many of the points, especially about the coaching, but not about Arceneaux.