Lions Injury Report: Rourke to start at QB on Friday

TORONTO — The BC Lions have submitted their first injury report of the week ahead of their game against the Edmonton Elks on Friday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/11/15/lions-injury-report-rourke-start-qb-friday/

Best of luck to starting Canadian quarterback Nathan Rourke who will start in Week 16 at home versus the Edmonton Elks. I wish you all the very best in snapping your teams 7 game losing streak. :100:% :canada: :gem:

2 Likes

I was hoping Rourke would get this start, Reilly hurt or not. He needs it for his progression as a potential starter. I've liked what I've seen from this kid, he can throw with the best of them but needs the experience at pro level to make those throws count. This game should help him climb the learning curve some & I'll be watching with interest. Reilly is going to be 37 yo next season so it's not too soon to look at the future here.

2 Likes

Great news. Looking forward to Rourke starting. Best of luck to him.

2 Likes

Reilly was supposed to turn around the Lions in 019 and sell tickets. He set a record for being sacked and led the team to the bottom. This year with better players around him he was expected to lead the team to at least a playoff.
Yet, a lot of people still consider him the leagues's best QB.
Good chance for Rourke, hope people don't expect too much from him. He needs at least another season as a backup.

An ultra rare Canadian Quarterback bounding amongst the Elks this week...

To keep the hunters from getting him the CFL ought to send in one of their super duper battle tanks:

2 Likes

Good idea, but we actually need 4 or so. Even Willy might think twice.

1 Like

Send in 4 of these behemoths? Are you mad?! That would leave the rest of Canada defenseless!!!

Going in to town later, I'm going to check the Army surplus store. If they don't have any tanks maybe I can find Rourke a flak jacket.

1 Like

Canadian 'surplus tanks' are in isle 6 next to the Canadian 'surplus submarines'.

The ones with screen doors?

1 Like

They might not float but you have to admit they do a really good job of keeping the mosquitos out.

There's no mosquitos in Vancouver!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks to our submarine screen door initiative.

In the Canadian Navy comfort always comes first.

I strongly disagree Nathan Rourke will only get better with live bullets, rather than holding a dam clipboard. Mike Reilly should seriously consider retiring. :interrobang:

Seriously... if Rourke is as good as we think he is then it would make sense to jettison Reilly and his huge salary in the offseason.

Maybe it's time for BC to try something different. Instead of one guy making huge money on a mediocre team, maybe they could build a better overall team.

1 Like

Reilly can’t take all the blame for what has been put on the field since he re-joined the Lions… specially in 2019.

He is still under contract and I expect he will have one more year to help Rourke get really for a full take over. Then the Bombers will be in trouble baby….

1 Like

I would like to see him retire. Mike holds onto the ball way to long in the pocket, when he left my Eskimos his career was over in my humble opinion.

But you know Ace, he's currently leading the league in passing yards, so he's not exactly washed up yet. One more year I think.

2 Likes

I'd like to see Reilly get his Christmas Wish granted this year... two HUGE friggin' offensive linemen under the tree to help end the punishment he's endured. Either that or an outright release. GET HIM OUT OF THERE!!! :grimacing:

1 Like