Lions Injury Report: Rourke limited on Tues.

TORONTO — The BC Lions have submitted their first injury report ahead of their game against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Saturday at BC Place.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/10/11/lions-injury-report-rourke-limited-on-tues/

oh yea this is a beautiful sight to see

2 Likes

lol

2 Likes

Nate is a fast healer, lucky for the Lions.
My guess is he dresses but does not start the western final - especially if its on slippery/uncertain terrain like McMahon Field in Cowtown.
If BC can somehow wrangle homefield advantage from the Stampeders (about a 33% chance, I reckon) then Rourke is also rostered - but much greater chance he sees significant game action if Vern Adams can't get the job done early!
If BC topples Calgary in WSF, all bets are off. Lions will then ride Rourke as far as they can go.

He must be a fast healer. The median time, in the NFL, to return to action from this injury is 11.1 months. I did not expect to see him again this year. If and I still think it is a big IF, Rourke can be anywhere near himself for the WSF, the Lions win that one. Everyone in Manitoba then begins to fill their pants in fear as the Lions will decimate every one in their path to GC victory.

Without Rourke, the Lions are an okay team, with a healthy Rourke playing at his peak, the Lions are not going to be beaten.

No worry from this fan. Would be AWSOME to have Rourke for the playoffs. I just hope the Lions don’t rush him back and risk doing more damage to that foot before it’s 100% healed.

3 Likes

Chances of Rourke returning this season are slim but the real value for the Lions is seeing him on the field throwing. The more Rourke becomes visibly mobile on the practice field or on the sidelines, he will surely put a charge into a lagging team. Hopefully, Rourke's presence lights a fire under them.

4 Likes

that is my worry.

1 Like

yes exactly my thoughts. well said.

What's going on? Are the Bombers actually listing the real game statuses for once?

I wouldn't get excited about anything the Bombers list on this site. Come game time everything is different.

11 players on the list. 4 as questionable, 1 as doubtful. Look at when/if they practiced. Ford and Clements will probably play, Jeffcoat, Bryant and Hardrick probably won’t.
Same as what Calgary has listed.