Lions home attendance disgraceful

Well I have seen the lions draw 50,000 , draw 40,000 , sell bc place out during the regular season, draw 15,000 and when ackles came back getting 35,000 every game, yes the prices in some areas are expensive, did you guys know that there are $30,000 seats and $25,00 seats in the upper deck ? and they are always sold out every game, unless the lions reduce all there tickets in half they are going to have a problem all season long , first of all the stadium, yes there is a hole in the roof, but it does not feel you are out side , like a wide open stadium would, ( example the Vancouver Canadians our AA ball team sells out every game because of the out side feel ) I think too many people still do not like bc place, when they walk in there it is stuffy and hot until you reach your seat, the concourse is very stuffy, when you walk in there, it still does not feel like a open air stadium, I was in favor of the government knocking down bc place and replacing it with a 35,000 seat stadium like Winnipeg's, were you could add extra seats , for concerts, grey cups, etc, yes we all know about the weather here in Vancouver in October and November, , still a stadium like Winnipeg's would have been around four hundred thousand, a little cheaper than what they spent on bc place, BC place is way to big for the cfl,( during the regular season) and a lot of events that come to Vancouver,

The bc government blew it when they re configured bc place, and it will bit them in ass for years to come.

this is not an issue that canot be fixed here. rising ticket prices to try to get those same 30K plus as before was something that the business that is the BC Lions tried to do.
They have found that less people are able to attend do to the higher ticket prices in certain sections like the end zones.
They are experimenting with the Family section at 25 a seat and the part section at 30 a seat this season and those sections are filling fast. Problem is being fixed. Not every idea works but the Lions have seen it not working and are maing the changes
Seems like things will be just fine

Didn't we just have a thread about being respectful on these forums? Even here, making fun of attendance is one thing, but disrespecting the entire city of Vancouver is just pathetic. If you wanna talk about attendance respectfully, fine, but keep our city out of it.

The thread starter is an inbred so be kind to him…they were given minimal brain cells. I bet he is trying to score with one of his drunk cousins as I post this.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/oceanvista/Troll_zps6d3ab05a.jpg

I would have to dis agree with fully on this. BC Place is one of the top venues in North America. As for attendance for the Lions attendance is down in every sport with more people taking in games on TV. There seems to be no doubt that the family section and the party section is going very well and will most likely follow next season with the family section in one end zone and the party section the other.
BC place is for more than just the CFL however a second tenant in the Whitecaps is doing very well with its soccer set up so the talks of building a soccer specific stadium in Vancouver will not be needed.
The venue will lend itself to getting more Grey Cups do to its ability to close the roof, and not need to place temporary seats in. Also the 2015 Women's World Cup will have the final games at BC place would certainly have not been the case if a Winnipeg type stadium were built.
With the incredible soccer support in the northwest stretching from Portland through Seattle and to Vancouver will most likely get an MLS all Star game bid where the fans from the three cities alone will most likley come in droves and could be planned for a full sell out of the venue. With Seattle being very close most likley season ticket holders for the sounders and Whitecaps and possibily Portland will be offered Tickets first to the event.

Wow, talk about irony

Bravo rhymes bravo!

When the team inducted Don Matthews to the Wall of Fame at the last game, he got a big laugh out of the crowd when he said, "when I coached here, this place used to be rockin, you all need to get some friends!" But I agree with what a lot of posters have said on here; that it's getting too expensive for some people. Management needs to get crowd numbers up to 40,000+ with cheaper tickets, THEN start increasing prices. The atmosphere will make people want to come back.

When the team inducted Don Matthews to the Wall of Fame at the last game, he got a big laugh out of the crowd when he said, "when I coached here, this place used to be rockin, you all need to get some friends!" But I agree with what a lot of posters have said on here; that it's getting too expensive for some people. Management needs to get crowd numbers up to 40,000+ with cheaper tickets, THEN start increasing prices. The atmosphere will make people want to come back.

This what happened in the mid 80'0s and it worked, it will work again