LIONS DESTROY riders

It's really 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

While BC only brought 8 players who played their same positions last year (Printers, Lulay, Valli, Lee, Arceneaux, Marsh, Whyte, and McCallum - everyone else was either new to the team, a PR player last year, or new to their position), the Riders played their inexperienced QBs much longer. No clear advantage for BC IMHO. Riders had a couple of TDs called back too. It was a rather sloppy game for both teams.

Fixd :stuck_out_tongue:

…seeing that I am responsible for introducing the T-word in this thread I thought I’d justify it…there is a big difference between crosshair and turkeybend…crosshair only (as in exclusively) rants at rider fans, in their forum, and as noted in three posts that had to be completely edited for obscene content…turkeybend sees seven other teams as viable targets, has to my recollection never needed a mod to edit one of his posts, and respects the ‘other team forum’ rules of engagement…that doesn’t put the two on the same planet IMO…

…in short, if you Lions fans don’t like turkeybend’s smack wait until next weekend when it’ll be the stamps turn to host him…

This is going to be a feisty season if we’re getting into full gear after preseason game #1. Bring it on!!! Let’s have some fun!!

Why is it that there is a disporportionate amount of Lions fans that take offence to turkey? Seriously, is he really that important to you guys? It seems that way, instead of talking about the positive(and negative) things your team and players trying to make the team did, you are more occupied about what turkey posts. Seems more than a few Lions' fans are willing to dish it out, but cannot seem to take it.. if you are going to talk trash, be fully prepared to receive some back...

if anything, you could say the bombers destroyed that als... but it would again mean nothing, as the als best playmakers werent on the field.. take buck pierce and the first team offense out of the equation and its a 20-10 game.. much closer..

what would worry me a little (if anything cause its only meaningless preseason) was the two teams that lost at home... as these teams seemed to have their entire first team offenses in for a quarter give or take a few mins... where as even tho the visitors may have brought their starting qbs (minus montreal) a lot of the key contributors werent playing for the away teams.. home teams should have had enough of an edge with their first team in to give them a decent advantage... or at least id hope.. if buck and the bombers wouldnt have put up a few scores against the als rookies, and the game was lost... id be worried. as lapolice said in his post game - we expect our top guys to go out there and get it done in a game like this, if they cant then theres a problem

Well I guess which side of the argument you’re on.
Personally, I know I do provoke my share of trash talk but I have no problem taking it.

It seemed a couple of weeks when HFxTC had that thread about the 13th man everyone was calling for his head. Yet I saw an equal amount of Rider fans calling foul. Which is ludicrous because we all know it is all in good fun. Don’t tell me rider fans don’t take pride in the fact Winnipeg hasn’t won in 20 years…

If everyone practices what they preach, and doesn’t get offended at the slightest trash talking about their team, we could be in for a very fun season.

Not sure what you’re referring to sambo… If you’re talking about my response to Turkeys post in this thread, I was just correcting the blatant factual errors. That’s it. There was no trash talking involved… to be honest, I really could care less what she posts, but if you’re going to state facts it should be accurate.

The game was televised on Sasktel’s IP tv service called Max. If you live in Saskatchewan and subscribe to Max tv you can watch the game on Sasktel’s Max local on demand video service until June 20.

Actually Sasktel makes all televised Rider games available on their Max local on demand video service for the entire season.

Gosh folks - I have not had this much attention since kindergarten when I peed my pants!

Ten commandments to engage in some brotherly (and sisterly) love:

1. We all love the CFL.
  2. We are fortunate to live in a country where we can distract ourselves with a game that involves kicking and throwing a leather ball back and forth and not have to worry about more serious issues like survival, war etc. on the homefront.
  3. We all laugh at the Maple Leafs.
  4. Hopefully, we all admire those who have been essential in keeping the CFL alive ( e.g. the late, great Bobby Ackles!)
  5. Canadians are supposed to be known around the world for our comedy and our ability to laugh at ourselves. (Remember at the Olympic closing ceremonies where the mime maintenance man came up to fix the Olympic torch - brilliant!)
  6. As one of the Lions posters said smacking is supposed to be all in good fun not to be taken seriously.
  7. Wally has the most wins of any CFL coach.
  8. Saskatchewan Roughriders have the best fans in Canada!
  9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife
  10. Riders Rule but the leos, stamps, esks, bombers, ti-cats, Als, argos drool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley: :rockin: :cowboy:

This will be the year, the Riders get back to reality, there not that good. 9 and 9 for the season

I agree with #1, #8 and #3 (I think that one is a good starting point for opening up peace talks with questionable World Leaders, like Kim Jong Il, since it’s the one thing EVERYONE agrees on). #7 is technically true…but isn’t he second or third for most losses too?

The jury is still out on #9, and is subject to personal opinon, except dealing with the whole burning in H-E double hockey sticks thing…

Maybe all of us need to put bets down, before the season starts, and sees who has the most teams correct. If you are correct, Flutie, you should buy a lottery ticket. Also your grammar isn’t that great. The proper phrase is “They’re not that good…”

Considering they were 10-7-1 last season, I don't think the Riders finishing 9-9 is that much of a stretch.

Could you repeat this in every post!? :smiley:

Fair enough. While I don’t engage in team smack myself, I can tolerate a certain amount of ribbing if it’s all in good fun (Q: What will be the final number that passes through the turnstiles at Empire Fields this season? A: it depends on the blitzing…commandments 5&6). After all, we’re part of a league-wide board. Thick skin is a prerequisite; the ability to laugh at one’s own team, an asset. I get it.

Where you cross the line though is when you drop a mean-sprited, ill-informed, marginally racist, and patently offensive bomb like this one…add a few a few of these :smiley: :rockin: :cowboy: and think everything is cool. I can only imagine the s**t storm that would be brewing on here if I wrote a similar diatribe about Regina.

If you’re going to smack, make it about the teams, not cities. :thup:

totally agree make jokes about the team not cities, I live out in Abbotsford/Chilliwack area, and have lots of friends in Surrey these comments are really poor taste

although it was all intended in poking fun at your city not anything to do with race, I hear you folks and get the message loud and clear. Just to clear the air that I think multi-culturalism is cool , I think the Canucks ARE BRILLIANT having Punjabi broadcasts of their hockey games. It broadens the fan base to an immigrant group and gives all of us something common to cheer about ( your cities' hockey team) possibly breaking down racial barriers even further.
Regardless if my attempt at humour went over the line apologies to anyone offended. I was a schmuck! :oops: :oops:

CFL Rules
Canada - most accepting place on earth!! :rockin:

I like where in Surrey I live. Having a brew pub within stumbling distance when a game is on is very handy!

the radio play by play guy from Edmonton figures the riders will be first in the west, and the other three will fight it out for second… with BC most likely getting wild card again.