Lions, Cottoy agree on two-year extension

VANCOUVER — The BC Lions have signed National wide receiver Jevon Cottoy to a two-year contract extension, the team announced on Wednesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/02/02/lions-cottoy-agree-two-year-extension/
1 Like

I posted the following last week in the inactive free agency thread as he was trying out for the New York Jets, and any impressions on him especially from BC fans?

It looks like BC retains his rights, and it sounds like Cottoy has recovered well from some devastating knee injury suffered in 2016.

If you have recovered from even less as far as injury and surgery, hats off to you to make it to being able to live well again let alone for a guy like Cottoy making it back to both football and as a firefighter-in-training. Just that is far above the norm after such a harsh injury.

Very good signing by the Lions. He is a big target with good hands, descent size and speed. Lions now have Cottoy, Burnham, Whitehead and Rhymes. Now just waiting for Kenny Lawler to sign and they will have an excellent group of receivers for 2022. Now go and get a proven QB to back up Rourke. The Lions also need a good kicker and upgrade offensive and defensive linemen!

1 Like

D Line needs help I agree

1 Like

Great signing for BC, but they need o and d lines to be beefed up.

Injuries, are a part of the game. They happen.

Glad to see any athlete recover fully, and be able to have a successful career.

1 Like

I really like this guy. He is getting even better each year with the Lions.

Also we already have a kicker from last year. I believe he was our forth one of a crazy year and looks to be a keeper.

1 Like