Lions announce Rourke to require foot surgery

…and just when it was beginning to look like the city might come back to BC Place thanks to this phenom. What s talent! All the best Nathan. Heal-up soon! Well, maybe, just maybe we have another Canadian Ace to fill the slot. If so, we’re in for a great playoff finale.

It took the surgeons three hours just to wipe the smile off its face. :grin:

3 Likes

Lets hope that they get an excellent surgeon and that with intensive therapy he is back soon.....

When I saw the replay I figured it was a compression injury which, like a crush injury takes a while to recover from.

It does take a while but the results vary:

1 Like

A) I don’t have a cat, won’t have a cat. I have allergies, some dogs and all cats " take my breath away".
B) MisWeGotTheCup and I need to explain this to our adult children EVERY time they visit us…

Adult children…is it ok to bring the dog/cat to your house?

Us…only if they stay outside on a leash!

Adult children…we don’t like to leave them alone.

Us…what do you do while you’re at work?

Adult children… they’re used to being alone then…but not on weekends.

Us…don’t tell them it’s the weekend!

6 Likes

It was no accident that you tripped over a cat. Cats KNOW when you hate them. It’s lucky for you that this cat didn’t have a knife. :grin:

1 Like

Hmm… Would that be a cat fight?

1 Like

Well as I recollect, when I came to, the cat was sitting just out if my grasp. The doctor said I would have had I quicker recovery if I actually would have broke my ankle. The
cat lived for another 20 years and was my best buddy😸

3 Likes

Sorry, can’t have the same feelings re: cats. But I absolutely love dogs yet need to be on guard. Otherwise I cough for 3 days after an extended visit. When I book a hotel I book upper levels, less chance a pet was in that room.

Oh ya, to stay on topic… Nathan get well soon

2 Likes
1 Like

I can agree that the CFL needs something to help get more FANS in all the stadiums. Something that attracts more fans then presently.

Obviously there is going to be an Eastern Team in the Grey Cup as that is how, against many fans opinions, the League has designed the Championship Game.

The league would lose the Eastern Fans without that guarantee. But eastern Fans have fallen off in the past few years because the West is stronger,

Repeating what has happened the last two years only interests the Bomber Fans. Who pays & goes 3 times in a row to the theater to watch the same movie knowing what the ending Is going to be? I seriously have never seen anyone do that. But having a Canadian QB playing that important game will bring out many more fans from ACROSS THE COUNTRY. Look at Hockey, Baseball and Basket Ball when Canada is a contender in a championship game. Fans come out in throngs from everywhere, regardless if their particular team isn’t playing. They switch to the contending Canadian team. That is a big bonus for the survival of the CFL league. People can get behind something they can relate too with pride. Sure the Bomber Fans want a 3peat. But the rest of the country wants something different. Something unexpected and less predictable. Something they can get behind and support. And having Nathan Rourke & Michael O’Connor in that big game might just be the best way to get MORE and DIFFERENT fans from coast to coast out.

I’m not saying that will happen but that is where I said I hope it goes. It is time for a change to this championship results!

You being a Bomber fan I can certainly understand that you disagree, but neither of us have control over who plays and who wins.

1 Like

Yup, like I said cats “take my breath away”…

2 Likes

Really? They barely managed to be the better of two bad teams yesterday.

Well maybe winning only 3 Grey In a row is very common and fans are tired of that?.. WAIT, WHAT? It only happened once in Canadian football, moreover winning 5 in a row is bigger… Edmonton’s 3pete was 54 - 56 Aaand 5pete 78 - 82…it’s still topic today. So a 3pete will be big news, just as every/all teams are more/better prepared when they play Winnipeg, for now, until Winnipeg is just average again. Just look how Montreal’s fans reacted to their victory over Winnipeg. It was Calgary recently and before that Montreal, that all teams wanted to beat. A good team brings in a LOT of attention. I too want to see BC do well including at the expense of the (my team) Bombers, as I previously stated, Calgary with new fresh blood backup QB Jake Maier would also be exciting. Please don’t give me that you’re a Bombers fan all you want is Bombers to win…I want the Bombers to win, but more importantly I want the CFL to win, regardless of who wins.

2 Likes

The mighty Tiger-Cats with Masoli were so close to giving the Bombers a losing future - not even a repeat. :timer_clock: I remember the losers when they were great.

1 Like

Your implication is misplaced. Rourke’s injury was a fluke and in no way a result of anything the Riders could be faulted for.

But I guess haters gotta hate

1 Like

I watch the Grey Cup regardless of which teams are in it, but there is no bigger story this year than the chance for the Bombers to 3peat with a QB everybody thought was done. The Bombers won the first game, playoff game, and West Final at new Mosaic. There would be nothing sweeter than the Bombers winning the first Grey Cup at New Mosaic. He!!, they may have to change the name to “IGF II” if this happens.

I'm sorry to hear the news about Rourke - but it sounds like something he can recover from before the season ends - BC could have had worse news. Good teams have suffered similar loses and proved that they can handle such challenging moments - here's hoping that BC can too!

1 Like

That’s true. Once O’Connor gets his bearings he and Pipkin will probably do a bang-up job in Rourke’s absence. I’ll bet they finish at least second in the West. Calgary still has a shot to finish ahead of them if the the Maier Era begins THIS year rather than next.

Here’s where we get to see what O’Connor can do finally. Wish he had seen more reps this year. Pipkin as back-up leaves me not too nervous. Shame about Rourke’s crack at god alone knows how many records.

1 Like