Lions @ Als 9/14/2018

According to Herb, Manziel is absent from practice because he has the flu. Also, receiver TJ Graham is back with the team (practice roster).

Maybe he should take the time to fully recover?

As Pipkin has been the only QB to get the O going, at least enough to eke out a couple of Ws, then he should start.

As for Johnny M, we have seen diddly squat so far. So, until and unless he shows serious performance, gets his act together, let him take all the Theraflu he needs!

That’s kind of unfair, the guy was there Sunday. He’s the backup QB FCS!
Good old Herb… Stoking the fire.

RDS reported it as well.

They had to do something to try and grab some attention yesterday ?

Didier Orméjuste???
[ltr]@DidierRDS[/ltr]

Plus
Didier Orméjuste??a retweeté John Lu
Manziel rate un deuxième entraînement de suite. Il rencontre un médecin aujourd’hui.

Je trouve dommage pour Pipkin et les Alouettes de voir que l’attention reste toujours sur Manziel, alors qu’il n’est pas responsable de la meilleur prestance de l’équipe depuis quelques semaines (même si je reconnais participer moi-même au ‘‘Manziel show’’ en partageant des nouvelle là-dessus)

Bonne nouvelle. Selon RDS, William Stanback sera de retour pour le match de vendredi

Excellent nouvelle j’ai bien aimé Stanback l’ors de son 1er match.Stone a bien fait en son absence et ca nous donne deux gars capable du jeu au sol.

A good article about Pipkin in “La Presse”.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/football/201809/12/01-5196228-antonio-pipkin-a-tout-pour-reussir.php

Pipkin is only twenty-three. Twenty-three! Tons of upside. There are QBs in their late '20s and early '30s who aren’t ready to start, or who may never be.

If Shermann and Jones want to keep their jobs, they will play Pipkin until and unless injury and/orsustained poor performance dictate a QB change. If they get triggerhappy and start yanking Pipkin after a bad quarter or half, the story won’t end well for anyone concerned.

With John Lu saying Johnny Manziel is questionable for Friday’s game, the Als might have to bring a QB off the 6-game early. If the team is up against the cap as speculated, the most likely scenario is they activate whoever is making the least which is not Drew Willy.

Yesterday, Dave Naylor was speculating that Manziel might be a 1-and-done. Manziel is scheduled to make $290,000 before incentives which is hefty for somebody who is currently a backup. Team will eventually have to pay that amount, renegotiate, or part ways.

Justin Dunk yesterday was suspicious of Manziel’s flu and thought he missed practice(s) for a different reason.

Team announced the signing of DB Marcellus Pippins to the Practice Roster.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Just to clarify, Pipkin is not 6’ 3" as listed on the roster. He is slightly under 6’ 1". Look at these 2 pictures from mini-camp. First one he looksthe shortest among the QB’s there. Second one is him standing next to Ernest Jackson who is6’ 2".

https://montrealalouettes.photoshelter.com/galleries/C0000HM7d2VA1dBc/G0000XT4tzVhUeN8/I0000iM3DPSn44m0/Day1Alouettes030-JPG

https://montrealalouettes.photoshelter.com/galleries/C0000HM7d2VA1dBc/G0000XT4tzVhUeN8/I0000hAGBWjTi7og/Day2Alouettes002-JPG

I think the Johnny fans have the Flu too… Weird how that work…

There is a bit of a dog whistle at the end by Bujold... Als better extend him.

Was thinking the same thing.

That's allot of $$ tied up for a game and a half of play.

Yesterday, Dave Naylor was speculating that Manziel might be a 1-and-done. Manziel is scheduled to make $290,000 before incentives which is hefty for somebody who is currently a backup. Team will eventually have to pay that amount, renegotiate, or part ways.
The Manziel contract

Jason La Canfora
@JasonLaCanfora
Manziel’s CFL contract: $122k base, $10k sign bonus, $18k housing stipend, $10k if active 6 games, $10k for 10 games active. $10k for 14 games active. Another $120k if plays half of snaps.

March 1 $75k offseason bonus. 2018 $202k base w/same incentives

11:20 AM - May 19, 2018

And let’s face it. Pipkin is not the main reason for the Als recent success. He has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns. The offensive coordinator has finally realized that running for 1 yard on 1st down doesn’t lend to success. The defensive coordinator has finally realized that playing coverage behind the sticks doesnt stop people. Someone has finally decided to actually coach the O and D lines. Pipkinmania is a figment of your imagination only because there has been so much losing this decade.

Yes he has more pics than TDs 4 to 1 but 2 of them were in and out of the hands of his receivers. But…he also has 4 rushing TDs And his 4 pics were over 3 games…not 1 half

Now what does JM have? 0 passing and 0 rushing!

But common! If the last 2 wins were with JM behind center…Somehow I think you would be giving all the credit to him and not to the OC and DC!

Tell me Im wrong

You are wrong. I understand football. I have said that Pipkin deserves to start until there is a reason for him not to. I've also said that Manziel hasn't done anything for anyone to defend him with. But stop it with this Pipkin savior crap. He was obviously cut for a reason and midnight WILL come for Cinderella. Let's be honest. There is no honor in over-crediting just as there is no honor in over-criticizing! Here is what I somehow think; if Manziel wasn't in the picture most would be saying temper your enthusiasm on Pipkin. But because there is so much animosity towards Manziel it's ok to anoint Pipkin. It's all BS.